The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Malini Egg bag pattern search (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2018, drmolarmagic wrote:
The sewing patterns are all listed in detail in the "egg bag book"- by Novak I've sewn all of them at one time or another and still have many of them. Paper, spiral bound, 8.5 x11 book.
great reference.....its all there
https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/the-eg......n-novak/

I have recently got a copy of this book from Stevens magic. They were great in contacting me regarding checking the shipping cost. But that's the reality of living in a small country on the bottom of the world like New Zealand.

How ever the book is amazing so much information. I have already made a few mock up bags from the information. And just playing around with hem techniques and bag sizing. But looking forward to make a bag that is the perfect size for me. I also want to make a identical non gaffed bag to switch out for a finale load.

Cheers for the heads up on this book.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yellowcustard, the way to measure your hand for a Malini Egg Bag pattern, is to trace your hand on paper while the fingers are spread out wide apart. Then trace all your fingers and thumb down to the wrist. Then measure the width from thumb to little finger, and the length from top of index finger to wrist. That is the size to make your bag with extra for hems. When finished, when you place your hand in the bag, and spread out your fingers you should contact the corners and sides of the bag. If you notice this position is an important display move in the routine.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Yellowcustard, the way to measure your hand for a Malini Egg Bag pattern, is to trace your hand on paper while the fingers are spread out wide apart. Then trace all your fingers and thumb down to the wrist. Then measure the width from thumb to little finger, and the length from top of index finger to wrist. That is the size to make your bag with extra for hems. When finished, when you place your hand in the bag, and spread out your fingers you should contact the corners and sides of the bag. If you notice this position is an important display move in the routine.

Bill thank you so much for that comment. I would say I knew a bit more then the average maji about Egg bags. Then I got this book and man there is so much in it. But since I have shared I had this book it has been like a portal and people have been sharing heaps of stuff about Egg bags. Thank you all so much.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2018, drmolarmagic wrote:
The sewing patterns are all listed in detail in the "egg bag book"- by Novak I've sewn all of them at one time or another and still have many of them. Paper, spiral bound, 8.5 x11 book.
great reference.....its all there
https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/the-eg......n-novak/

When I browsed the John Novak book at the local magic shop, it was only half size book, and not one drawing or picture of any Egg Bags, they must have had a revised 2nd printing. Because it was all text, I passed on obtaining this book, as such a high price as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Malini Egg bag pattern search (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL