The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Lecture notes piling up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
How do you guys store and catalogue your lecture notes? Do they make binders that accommodate comb-bound books? Smile
Yakworld.
Jim Morton
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Jim Morton
I use those magazine holders they sell at office supply stores. They work pretty well. I try to keep the lecture notes of various magicians together, but I do separate the letter-sized booklets, from the smaller ones. Otherwise the little ones tend to get buried.

Jim
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
I file them in a file cabinet. label a folder for each author.

Paul
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I just throw them in a spare room, it's almost full now..

Seriously, mine are just piled horizontally on book shelves. Different themes, different piles. Other suggestions mentioned here sound better, but remember, out of sight, out of mind.

I suppose I should catalogue them, its just finding the time. Best for people to start doing that EARLY in magic.

Paul Hallas.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I file mine chronologically - by the date and time then I throw them on the pile.........

But before I do that, I index them in a database by author, title, and subject, and any key words that jump out and might help me figure out later, if I already own it.

But like so many of my magic items, even if I find it in my index, all I generally know for sure is that .... "they are over there somewhere..."

I ..COOULD..include a location of the notes, etc, but we have been remodeling this house for 5 years, and I never know when I will have to pack it all and move it out of the way again so that plumbers, or electricians, or somebody else can "play through"...

Maybe this part shows my wife's attitude towards my magic, Hmmmm ....

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Lecture notes piling up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL