The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Who sells the best thumb tip? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
132 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
Vernet Classic is the Best Seller .....
Thank You Smile
AndreOng1
View Profile
Regular user
SIngapore
110 Posts

Profile of AndreOng1
Like everyone said...You cannot go wrong with Vernet. they are the best.
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Did you ever find your personal preference?
For me I love the Vernet Classic, but, as someone said previously, you're not looking for an awesome chameleon tip that will stand up to close scrutiny. You want a decent made tip you can on and off at will. For example, Propdog do a stretched thumb tip that would never stand up to close scrutiny, but, makes large or multiple item steals a doddle.

I'd love to know what you settled on, and anything you discovered on the route!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Half way "up" in this thread, someone mentioned that the spectator commented on his "blue" thumb.

I always use "warm color" silks. (Red, orange, yellow)

I started, in 1946, with the standard TT at that time. (metal)

J. B. Bobo and I were "talking shop" at the 1976 SAM convention in Chicago. "Vernets" were new, then. J. B. asked, "You seen this?" He vanished a 12" silk. It looked great! I used one every day for several years. Then Vernet brought out the extra long TT. I bought one, and switched to an 18" half silk. --Even better.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I got one of the Alan Wong realistic TTs, and found it to be an excellent tool.

While realism is not a necessity in TTs, I'm certainly not complaining...as if I would complain about a good tool made to be more life-like Smile

Obviously, YMMV re: skin tone, so it won't be more life-like for everyone. It is good (!) to have variety in these little guys!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
I have a small collection of Vernet tips. I can't figure out which I prefer as I like all of them. I've given up trying to find the perfect TT.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
I have a boxful of TT's. Just bought the Thumbs Up cuz I've never had one ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Who sells the best thumb tip? (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL