The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best lecture DVDs? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
I've been on the hunt to obtain a good collection of lecture DVDs. Which are your favorites and why?
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
James Brown Lecture DVD - Solid, direct worker effects that cover a range of skill levels - although not for novices
Gary Jones 'No Frills' Lecture DVD - Packed full of ideas, pearls of wisdom and varied routines
Kostya Kimlet Transatlantic Lecture - Strong varied routines, plus a taste of the roadrunner cull
Joshua Jay Methods in Magic - A creative artist worth looking up..

These are some of my favourites, I do think it would be good if you gave more detail, are you looking for close up, performing advice, stage magic, street work etc etc.
Look up the 'International Magic' Lecture DVDs eg Schneider, Goshman, Cellini and many many more...

All the best
Charlie
PetePennekett
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of PetePennekett
'The Real Secrets of David Stone' is an excellent DVD which comprises largely of his Blackpool lecture from 2008. I really enjoyed it - There is a lot about his career in magic as well as the lecture which I found interesting. Definitely worth a go if you've not seen it.

~ Pete.
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Thanks for the input guys!
I am looking mostly for stand up/parlour type performers, but I perform both close up and parlour so I like to have a variety of different DVDs!
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Buy some books instead, trust me.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Magic store in Pikes is not cutting it?
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Dan Harlan: Live at Haines' House of Cards
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Cellini Zurich Lecture.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Russell
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Russell
David Penn's and Craig Petty's lectures are available for free on Wizard FX TV.
Check them out.

Russell Leeds
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Nothing is yet to beat Tom Mullica's Lecture.

Nimrod
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Salvano's International Magic Lecture.

Superb magic by a man who lived and breathed the art!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Aaron Fisher Speaks

It's the BEST lecture EVER put on dvd.

Although it's all card magic you learn a lot about performance, audience engagement/management and how to lift your magic to a level you probably never thought possible.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
The best lecture video I've ever seen was by Tommy Wonder. I think it was the 1991 British Magic Symposium, could be wrong. I have an old VHS, but I've seen it for sale on DVD now. It has some of his best killer material like the Ambitious Card to Box (with the Squeeze effect using a mini card case), and more obscure stuff like his handling of Paul Harris's Ultimate Rip-Off. There's a great explanation of the Mercury Card Fold (which is how I learned it) and an off-beat deck switch which has a humorous psychology to it. The whole presenation of the lecture is very entertaining as well. There's funny bits like when he reads some of his outrageously-priced 2-page "lectures notes" to the audience, and many enlightening little tips about various aspects of magic along the way. I've needed to watch it again for a long time now.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
The NYC Coin guys, David Roth, Dr. Michael Rubinstein and Mike Gallo put out remarkable DVD sets each year that have tons of great magic and includes cutting edge lectures and discussions from the best in the business on this important part of the art.

*Take a look here; http://www.newyorkcoinmagic.net/index.htm
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Pretty much anything by International Magic. Just pick your favourite performers. There is some amazing stuff on their lectures that really isn't available in easy to get video form anywhere else... Jamy Ian Swiss, Tommy Wonder, Christian Chelman, Chad Long, Gary Kurtz and the list goes on and on... Just fantastic lectures and what they might loose on production values, their content will usually beat up L&L, Big Blind Media, Alakazam and such by miles.

Juha-Matti
paulE
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of paulE
Andy Nyman Lecture DVD-loved it,especially when he used the wrong stacked deck of cards and had to stop and restart,his cheeky charm got him through it so well
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Best lecture DVDs? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL