The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Card in Bottle in Nested Boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Every room of my house has magic artifacts!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Does anyone else have feedback on this one? If a review could be made, how about starting one in the review section. Thanks
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Great news guys! Hocus Pocus got a few more in. They were able to talk to the guy who makes them and he made just a few more. I wanted to let you guys know. I'm glad for those who wanted this but were too late. Here is a second chance for you.

Good magic to all,

Eric
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

I was lucky to obtain one of the 6 not spoken for!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

You will be glad you got it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

In my "Flea Circus" act I tell the story of how my "Fleadini" got here in a mini beer stein. I use this as my card holder. I was fortunate to find 2 of these at an antique store.

Good magic to all,

Eric
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Gumbini,

So the steins fit in the boxes? Can you share a photo?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

The steins are small. They are about 3 inches tall. I am NOT at all computer knowledgeable and do not own a digital camera. I wish I knew all that stuff but I simply don't. They are miniature though. I can tell you this if you look for the small Patron bottles or other miniature bottles you can do with a glass bottle as the weight is not heavy at all and I think will look better.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

This is probably my best purchase of the year! I absolutely love it and so does my wife Amy. And that's always good!

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

BTW I almost did not get this and I'm so glad I did. I had to get special permission from my wife but it was worth it.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
No offense to Hocus Pocus or anyone. In fact this set looks really nice, and if you have the $$ to spend, by all means. However, as Harry mentioned earlier Martin Lewis teaches how to make the original Harbin version on his Making Magic DVD. Personally, the original Harbin effect looks so much better to me, and it uses more ordinary looking props. Cigar boxes rather than the chests. I built mine for next to nothing. The cigar boxes were literally a dollar a piece at a cigar shop. And I got the bottle (I use a plastic vodka bottle) for about 4 bucks. There is one other thing you need that is about 4 bucks as well. That brings our total to 10 bucks (Not including the DVD), and you achieve literally the same exact effect. Plus, you get a ton of other amazing routines on Martin's DVD.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Hey if I could build anything I would have to agree with you. But I know my limitations. I have never seen the original Harbin version so I can't say how the "looks" compare. But these look nice and they have an "old" look to them. They work beautifully and I would buy a second one at twice the cost if I ever lost mine. This is an absolute staple in my performance and I actually close with my "Flea Circus" staring the one and only "The great Fleadini" who, by the way, uses these chests as his luggage to carry around all his post cards from all the places he's been as well as all his gifts and treasures he has accumulated. These items of course I must show to the audience each performance. Then I show the German stein that he actually got locked in by mistake and put on a boat---that is how he got here. I did ask him if I could sell his luggage and make him some out of cigar boxes---It didn't go over well. That's not good for me it's hard to bribe a flea---especially a Star Flea!

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Card in Bottle in Nested Boxes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL