The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » Toys...or magic tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Don't know if this has been posted before,but are the Tenyo items used by pro magicians in there everyday sets ? Im just curious because some of the Tenyo items look like nothing on earth except a magic prop,so how do you explain this away...or indeed do you need to ? In these times of street magic done with everyday items,are Tenyo relics from a bygone era ? Is it just collectors who collect em,and that's it ? Not trying to stir up a honest nest,just curious.........

For the record,method wise,I think some of these items are genius,totally genius and clever.
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I often use Invisible Zone in my shows, and it gets a great reaction. I present it as a new technology from the future. Not really a routine, more of a short filler piece, a quick intro, etc.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
I recently did a walk around gig and I used several Tenyo effects. Before, I had done a show for a 1st grade class with Tenyo.

I take a couple of approaches. For kids, I explain that these are some of the first tricks I learned, that they came in a kit when I was a kid. I even have a wooden briefcase made up to look like a "magic set" from several decades ago.

For adults, my character is somewhat of an absent-minded professor trying out "inventions" so the "props" don't seem out of place. I even modified a Sonic Screwdriver from Dr. Who (the Tennant one) to look sort of steampunkish and it's my magic wand...

I'm almost at a point where I'll start buying backups of my Tenyo and (collectors may not want to read further...) and modify them with paint and add-ons to look even *more* Victorian-era or at least "gadgety" to play into this character more. I'm particularly wanting to modify Blue Crystal this way Smile

Invisible Zone, Zone Infinity and Krazy Keys are all really easy to carry around and don't arouse a lot of suspicion, I have found.
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Invisible zone is a great fooler but I wish it did not look quite so plasticy.
Kane Mouri
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
53 Posts

Profile of Kane Mouri
I use both their china rings and ocasionally their newspaper restoration.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
In days gone by I got great mileage out of using the jumbo card from JUMBO SIDETRACK with Don Alan's BIG DEAL. The folder was apparently just a carrier/protector for the large card.

The finish with Sidetrack, presented as almost an after thought, always got a tremendous reaction from adults...

Julie
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 06:10, jugglestruck wrote:
Invisible zone is a great fooler but I wish it did not look quite so plasticy.

I saw an idea once, in either Genii or Magic magazine, whereby somebody (apologies for not remembering his name) took the Invisible Zone, and covered/baked it in clay so that it resembled a rock. With a hole through it's centre, the disappearance of the pen looked very convincing in the photos.

Somebody bought a Tenyo prop, thought outside of the box, and has created himself a little miracle!
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Yes that was a very unique performance of Invisible Zone.
Tenyo put some pictures of it on their website:
http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/tips/tip05.html#Anchor03
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Invisible Zone is Great !
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I also have used invisable zone as a filler for close up effect.
todd
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
Superpixel, I really like your take on how to present Tenyo. I usually keep them to myself, but you've already have given me a couple good ideas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » Toys...or magic tricks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL