The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Reel Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
I am looking for either written information or DVD about silk magic with a Reel.
Some of the specific things I would like it to include is visual automatic untying silk knot, flying silk, silk manipulation with a reel. Thanks for your help.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
"Reel Magic" by Albenice is a great starting place. It's an older booklet, but still available I'm sure.
And of course there is a chapter in either the 2nd or 3rd volume of the Rice Silk Encyclopedia.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-08-15 19:45, wardmagic wrote:
I am looking for either written information or DVD about silk magic with a Reel.
Some of the specific things I would like it to include is visual automatic untying silk knot, flying silk, silk manipulation with a reel. Thanks for your help.

There is nothing in print for the flying silk. These are only dealer items, for the rest take the reference of JNeil.
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
Thanks for all the great info. Do you know if there's anything on DVD??
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Yep, Paul Diamond put out a video a couple of decades ago in his "Lessons In Magic With Paul Diamond" series Volume 1 - Reel Magic.

It pretty much has much of what you're looking for. L&L publishing re-released the video on DVD for a while. I don't know if they still carry it. You might have to get a used copy. it is well worth the effort finding a copy.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
Great Lead on the the Paul Diamond Vol. 1 dvd. Only problem is....no one has one. Does anyone have a copy they are willing to let go??
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
L&L never converted it to DVD. I have the video tape and have converted it to DVD. This is everything a person wanted to know about handling a finger reel. I did not recommend it a I know it is not available, and most people will not buy video tape. No use in mentioning something everyone does not want.
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
I'm very confussed....you say its everything about finger reel but then say they should not have mentioned it and you didn't recommend it. So is it something worth wild or not?? If you have a copy do you want to sell it??
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I was referring to my previous post, I did not mention the existence of the VHS video because you will not be able to find it. The words recommend and mention mean the same thing in this instance. Yes, it is a superior video with valuable information. I will PM you concerning your inquiry.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I'm not sure what the original poster meant by 'flying silk'. Are we talking(---?----) Reveen, who is the son of illusionist Peter Reveen and is a proprietary item which can be purchased form him in Las Vegas.

If we are talking about an animated silk that is similar to a Blackstone type dancing, floating , jumping effect...then a version for a single performer using a reel, is well explained in the aforementioned silk encyclopedia.

Regards-
JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
The Albenice booklet has a PHENOMENAL and VISUAL 20th Century Silk Routine that I've never seen published anywhere else........worth the price of the book...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2011, Harry Murphy wrote:
Yep, Paul Diamond put out a video a couple of decades ago in his "Lessons In Magic With Paul Diamond" series Volume 1 - Reel Magic.

It pretty much has much of what you're looking for. L&L publishing re-released the video on DVD for a while. I don't know if they still carry it. You might have to get a used copy. it is well worth the effort finding a copy.

Thanks. I just purchased it as a download from L&L ePublishing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Reel Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL