The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Dear Gene Anderson... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Dear Gene Anderson,

The newspapers keep getting smaller and smaller!

I hope they don't ALL go digital.

It's going to be very hard to do your trick with an iPad.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
Stock up on newspapers now then later you can do a nostalgic piece about what newspapers used to look like. ;-)

-Ron
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
While there are still tabloids, magazines and comic books, consider Jim Gerrish's "Comic Book Tear" from his Kid Show Magic section on my site. It doesn't need the Gene Anderson method because the paper is so small to begin with. Jim's preferred comic books to tear up are the small pocket digest size comic books found in supermarkets- almost like doing a torn and restored cigarette paper, only bigger. Forget the size of the paper and go for the amount of impact on an audience.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There are so many classic quotes on this question. Something like the only sure thing is, things will change, or something like that. We all have to deal with change in our lives, learn to roll with it and be excited new opportunities have opened up a new way to look at things.

I think many children today, do not know what a newspaper is and what it is for; it they were born into an iPad/Smart-phone world. No if the could only teach them read, and not be like the Egyptians and have to have drawings and symbols for everything. Video wastes so much of your life and does not give details needed to accomplish a task.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
"The times they are a changin'"
------Bob Dylan
Mister Mystery
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Most notable change was something I have used for more than 30 years, "In the news". Yes you can make your own, but there was something really great about the Japan Times and how perfect they prepared it.
It was discontinued for a few years, came back at twice the price, then upon re-ordering it recently, the sent me the instructions along with the inside of a Japanese news print cartoon section. Totally useless for any patter but still well made interior.
I have one of the original left, luckily. But this change hurts.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ian, I have one of the old "In The News" left too. I hate it when a good product changes for the worse, or is discontinued altogether. It happens too often in the magic world.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Dear Gene Anderson... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL