The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Penguin Magic Help or Hurt - Part 2 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Given that the original thread was closed before I had a chance to respond...

Quote:
Steve Brooks wrote...
Folks I plainly stated in my original post and private message that this was an experiment of sorts taking place over the next twelve months. Not only that, but the HELP icon is only visible in a few select forums - NOT the entire Café. As such, we'll see how it goes.

That said, If you don't need any support from a dealer - simply don't push the button!...how hard is that? Geez...

Let's get on with more important matters, like maybe performing magic?

Steve, your comments have absolutely nothing to do with my original concern.
I was not concerned about myself needing support and frantically trying to decide whether or not to click the penguin button.
I was concerned about newer magicians that see the "Penguin Button" as an "unbiased and approved authority", when clearly they are not.

Fortunately, Penguin did understand my concerns, gave them the attention they deserved and contacted me directly about their plans.
They assured me that they are taking their role seriously and will be giving no undue attention to their own products if there's something better out there. I can't imagine it will happen 100% of the time but unless/until we find out otherwise, I see no reason not to take them at their word.

Magicians recommending crap to other magicians because they see $$ is not "Magicians helping Magicians" and THAT was my concern.

Besides, I already know how to push buttons and work on performing. Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Frank, I had the same concerns. The people (person?) they have assigned may (or may not) work directly for Penguin, but they have been entrusted with giving advice to the best of their ability. I don't know, maybe Acar himself might be on the other end of the line at times. Like many good dealers, they should be more interested in helping build client relations than making a quick sale, so I'm willing to give them my trust... until they violate it. Until then, as Steve said, it's an experiment. Everyone has an opinion, so I don't think you'll ever truly find an "unbiased" adviser.

Like other things, I don't trust just a single opinion before making a decision. I'd like to see the "Help" feature extended to a network of dealers so you can research a product and get a variety of opinions before deciding. Acar's more tech savvy than most, but wouldn't it be great to have Denny Haney or Hank Lee on the other end of the line as well? In this case it turns into a "mini" forum of sorts, but only trusted advice givers are able to respond. Trusted by who? Well, we have to start somewhere and Steve's trying to get it started.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Penguin Magic Help or Hurt - Part 2 » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL