The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » An international "ring" of moderators » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

XerxX
View Profile
New user
I hope I'll make more than
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
Looking at the hi-jacking of the Penny forum this morning it seems like there are no moderators available at certain hours.

My humble suggestion is that Mr. Brooks tries to administer moderators in different time-zones. Like America, Europe, West and East Asia.
If that is possible, attacks like this morning could be stopped very quickly.

I'm not experienced enough, I'm afraid, or I would volunteer.

Regards,
XerxX
2013-01-25: Returning after a loong absence...
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Ok...here's my take on this. The Magic Café is AWESOME..but it's JUST a WEB SITE...it's not life or death. What I mean by this is that not much could happen at any given hour to DEMAND immediate attention if no Admin or Mod is online. If the Café is anything like the site I moderate on (and I'm sure it is), all the Mods and Admins are purely volunteer. They don't pay people to sit and monitor the boards all day every day. They have a core group of individuals who love the art of magic and are computer suave. If there is nonsense going on...people will report it and when the Admins and Mods log in...they will see it and rectify the problem.

And that's MY 2 cents. If you don't like it...give it back cause times are tough. Smile

JIM
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Jim,

100% on the nose.

The people here do a fantastic job keeping this place up and running. Nothing here is Earth shattering and requires immediate attention. Even the situation from last night/ this morning. If one has personal ethics, those posts are no threat, they only provide value to those with little moral character.

Tony
XerxX
View Profile
New user
I hope I'll make more than
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
As I said: "I'm not experienced enough" and maybe my suggestion was also showing that...

Have a nice day, gentlemen.
2013-01-25: Returning after a loong absence...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Gee sorry. I was away for a day. Jim is absolutely correct. The mods are part time volunteers but do a tremendous job with such a large site. In looking at all the bad post reports about this user, I saw none by the originator of this topic. He may have been the first one to see the problem which would have given us a head start on correcting the problem. Waiting for a mod to see the problem or for others to report such problems just delays our response time.

It's not a matter of assigning mod coverage, and it wouldn't help since the site is so large, but a matter of everyone chipping in and helping when a problem arises.
Where the magic begins
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
For what it's worth, I just finished deleting all of the BS messages posted by the person in question, both in the public forums and PM system. Given that the staff isn't here 24/7, we really do need (and appreciate) help from the membership to point out these idiots by reporting posts and PM messages. Sometimes it's easy to clean up, but today was a bit more involved. I'm sure these idiot people find great pleasure in being able to get in and post their filth and whatnot, but it doesn't really get them very far or last very long. We find out about it and remove it faily quickly. It's really as simple as that. Besides, I get more pleasure out of cleaning up someone's junk posts than they probably do posting it to begin with!

Thanks everyone.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » An international "ring" of moderators » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL