The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psychic Secrets Bob cassidy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Saw this on Lybrary but there were no descriptions of effects, just titles. To anyone who has it, would it possible to get a simple overview? Thanks
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
All the Dr. Crow material is top notch.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
I knew it would be superb coming from Mr. Cassidy, but as this was an impulse buy I wanted a bit more info. In any case, I purchased it last night and Im very happy I did. It is superb
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Gentlemen, while I appreciate that you find this work "top notch" and "superb," that's really not much of a review. How about mentioning such things as:
1) What are the effects?
2) How easy/difficult to perform?
3) What are limitations (angles, only one-on-one, etc.)?
4) Usefulness (is it just a great idea or are you going to incorporate it into your regular act?)
5) Practicality (Is it a good concept only or is it practical to use?)
6) Quality (For props, is it well made or is it going to fall apart? For manuscripts/books, does it look professional or like someone slapped it together without knowing design?)

I'm not disagreeing with your brief impressions, I just think you could do a bit more. If you were planning on going to a movie, but didn't know which one to see, would you be satisfied with reviews that only said the film was "top notch" or "superb?" I'd want a bit more. Smile
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
And if that were intended to be a review, I wold have done more. It was a comment, nothing more. If your post is intended as a request for a review, please say so explicitly and spare us (or at least me) the patronising "how to" list.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Completely understandable but as JohnWells mentioned, it was simply an initial comment.

The PDF is presented as a correspondence between Bob Cassidy and an eccentric psychic entertainer named, Dr. Crow. It is Mr. Crows ideas that Bob is presenting to us, with Crow's permission. The layout is quite charming and includes copies of typed letters written by Dr. Crow to Bob Cassidy.

The Zenner Effect:

An impossible display of clairvoyance where the spectator correctly divines each of the five ESP symbols. The cards are face down and the decision process is exceptionally fair. Through the use of labels, each card is marked with the subjects guess. If they feel the card is a cross, then a cross is drawn on the label. The process is repeated for all five cards. This makes the outcome appear quite impossible. No special cards are used. The deck is ordinary

Dr. Crows Black Book of Light:

Here is an attractive utility device which one can construct out of a Moleskine sketch book. Without wanting to reveal too much, it affords a kind of X-Ray vision through sealed, ungaffed envelopes and the book itself. Im a big fan of Moleskine products so for me this is an aesthetically pleasing device which I will most likely construct.

Dr. Crows Post Box Prediction:

This is not for the casual situation but if you want to make a strong impression on an important client or perhaps a media reporter, then you may want to consider the extra effort involved. Basically this is a method to predict anything through the mail. You jot down a few predictions and seal them in an envelope. The exterior of envelope is signed by both you and your client making tampering impossible. The envelope is addressed to your client and even the return address is to someone the client knows personally. Then you and your client/reporter walk to the nearest mailbox and he watches as you drop the envelope inside. It's the same envelope. A few days later they receive the envelope and inside are any number of impossible predictions. This is excellent. I have never seen this method and although it is something of a set up, as I mentioned, this would slay people.

The Mediums Office Switch:

Outlined here is a very clean, one handed b****t s****h. I've been practicing it last night and this morning. Fairly easy to execute and the illusion is perfect. The paper appears to never leave their site

The Juice:

A little history of mediums and spirit writing and a nice method to m**k one's skin for spirit revelations

Dr. Crows Billet Routine:

Both techniques learned in The Mediums Office Switch and The Juice are employed here in this excellent Living and Dead test. The routine is best suited for audiences of twenty or more. There is audience participation, a ceremony with fire, and an eerie climax where an audience member's name appears on your arm. This routine can certainly close a show.

All in all I'm very pleased with this purchase. I'm also excited about reading further installments featuring the enigmatic Dr. Crow

JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
It also has one of my favorite lines from Dr. Bob, (looking at two spectators, one male, one female), "Is one of you Linda? -pause-"Which one of you could it be?"
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Don't keep us in suspense, John. Which one was it?
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I'm really not sure. Since Linda is my middle name it's best not to just assume.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psychic Secrets Bob cassidy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL