The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Creating Amnesia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jakubr
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of jakubr
Dannydoyle, do you think that just using the cards, even for a single effect, implies they will perceive it as a card trick? There is for example this 'Mind Eraser', where you give them the card to hold on to, chosen spectator shows the card to audience, and memorizes it, holds all the time, and you make him forget it. No switches, everyone saw the card from the beginning and can see it at the end. I don't think that audience would treat it as a card trick. Rather a trick with suggestion. I don't use cards almost at all, but for this effect, resources I had were only the ones involving card.

dmkraig, I'm more interested in amnesia effect than card amnesia effect. But the one without the induction. This book by Patrick Redford seems to be very interesting, thanks for a suggestion. And blank card is quiet interesting alternative. Thanks for those thoughts.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think the SECOND you pull out cards, people think of it as a card trick. WHY USE CARDS? Be creative! Use something else!

IF you are going to use cards, why use a method that can screw up? You are getting SO worried about method that you don't seem to comprehend that the method when done right is NOT KNOWN to the audience!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
jakubr
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of jakubr
I don't know if the cards determine their perception of the effect that immediately. But I agree, it's better to avoid them, and that's what I generally try to do. It's just that I have very little experience with suggestion/hypnosis, so I wasn't sure how to build my own routine, and I decided to go for James Brown's one. If I knew how to create my own one, it sure wouldn't involve the cards. I was first thinking about something like making them write the word and then forget it for example. But I'm not sure how to construct it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't think you know enough about hypnosis to create anything yet. You are better off doing it by other means, and telling the audience a lie anyhow.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
jakubr
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of jakubr
That's way I went for an effect of someone else, but I knew only those with cards. I'm still keen on learning at least the waking hypnosis, because I think it create quiet a lot of possibilities for mental effects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Creating Amnesia (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL