The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Which Papers for Martin Lewis's Undivided? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
I've been hunting around for the Club Cabaret width papers but it looks like they are not being made anymore. What other papers would anyone suggest for this effect. I liked the club for the size and no gum. Any suggestions?

S
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
OCB originals have no gum and work just fine.
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
There are so many OCB's. Which one of the OCB are square and double wide?

Maybe someone has some Club Cabaret left for sale? If yes I would be thankful for a PM - with amount and price.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Ressurecting an old thread here - but has anyone made an advance on a suitable substitute for the Club Cabaret papers as they have since been discontinued.

All the best!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
I'd still be interested in this too.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Me Three.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Briz
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Briz
Hi,
There's a box of 50 packets of Club Bistro for sale at metalheadshop.com/tobacciana/papers.
$420.
I can't remember now what I paid for mine per packet, I've been away from magic for nearly 10 years now and have just started to put my toes back in the water. Going through my chests and boxes of 'stuff' a few weeks back I think I've got six or seven packets, unfortunately not enough to sell on.
If you 3 find more people wanting these though maybe you could get together and split the cost, per packet would be just over $8 but postage could spoil it.Just an idea..
Regards
Briz
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
This might work:

Paper is thin.

Rice Paper?

http://flyingwishpaper.com/
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Briz
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Briz
I like the idea, a lot, of something that's either printed, written, drawn etc..that is restored after being destroyed and this could be a nicety to add to the Undivided presentation.
I have the feeling that although rice paper is thin it probably won't be strong enough to withstand the preparation and/or restoration the method needs as it's so fragile.
Having said that this has made me curious and a sheet from a supermarket would be a good tester. I need to shop tomorrow, if I remember I'll get some, give it a whirl and let you know how I get on.
Regards
Briz
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Briz, if you're talking cash register paper, that's thermal paper and won't compress that much. With the cigarette paper you can compress that into a really small ball. Truthfully, you could use any brand without glue. It just might be smaller.
Briz
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Briz
Hi Tom,
Thanks for that but no, I wasn't talking about thermal paper; though I am aware of how it can be used in other areas Smile It's a valid point about any cigarette paper would work, the OP was asking for those similar to Club Cabaret as they were a great size for the effect. If rice paper does work then it could be cut to the same dimensions and would be economical or the wishpapers Neznarf found could be a good substitute.
Regards
Briz
Briz
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Briz
No joy at my local shop for rice paper but I've looked again at the link Neznarf posted above and in particular watched the video clip which shows the paper used being written on and it being crumpled, both without tearing. it is thin and looks like it could work. Incorporating the flying wish aspect to the ending of an undivided/t&r routine I think would play out pretty strong.
Regards
Briz
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
I'm guessing that these will work but I haven't tried them yet. I did find out that they have a glue strip. I think that was what was unique about the Club Cabaret is that they were the double size and didn't have a glue strip. I don't know if the glue would effect the handling or maybe it can be soaked and wiped off.

https://www.amazon.com/WIDER-DOUBLE-ROLL......NT0R6W8M

-Brian
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
This site must have something close:

http://rawthentic.com/classic/
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
Has anyone tried these?

Quote:
On Jun 25, 2016, Neznarf wrote:
This might work:

Paper is thin.

Rice Paper?

Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
You can inquire if a store in your area sells the flying wish papers.

The one that sells it here in Tucson, AZ is The Seasoned Woman which is a gift shop.

You can inquire here and find out if you have a vendor in your area and then go and buy some
for R & D.

flyingwishpaper@gmail.com
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
Neznarf, I did check locations yesterday, no stores local unfortunately.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Of course you can use it for the "Red Ashes" trick too.

Saw a magician years ago reading off a (white) shopping list and it set it on fire and it
floated up (as in the red ashes trick) he restored it and had his shopping list back.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
TI found “Club Modiano“ gutless, rice rolling paper on Amazon. A box of 50 packs ran $49.00 post paid. That’s 32 sheets per pack (1,600 sheets. Plenty to practice/rehearse and perform regularly).

However I’ve been using “e-z wider” in recent years sincere is carried in the local liquor stores. Works fine.

Frankly I haven’t found a brand of rolling papers that don’t work.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Which Papers for Martin Lewis's Undivided? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL