The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Selling for others on the forum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Just curious, but if someone is selling something why don't they just say what they are selling and for how much?

Having somebody else post a supposedly new thread with a "look what I found for sale, by so and so" comment and a link is a bit insulting.

Let the seller make his/her own posts.

*P.S. I am not pointing out any specific thread. Just something I noticed starting a month or two ago.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Well that'sCool, if you're referring to my latest post regarding the Eye of the Idol I saw for sale, or my reference to Martinka's recent auction...I'm a little confused. Personally, I'm not hunting for anymore Tenyo items because my collection is where I'd like it to be, yet, I'm interested in helping others find what they are looking for. I have absolutely no affiliation with the sellers. I'm a collector. I regularly watch a lot of collector sites. If I see some Tenyo items for sale, I'll post an alert here so those who weren't aware of a source, will now be aware...and maybe able to find an item they are looking for.

If you believe I AM the seller, and am using this venue as a pitch...you're wrong. If you think I know the sellers, you are wrong. If I was the seller, I would post it in the appropriate area here on the Café (or in this area, as I've seen many doing). But, even if I knew a seller, and was tipping fellow members to an item they may want...and be willing to pay for...how is that wrong?

If it is indeed me you are referring to...help me understand why my latest posts are bad, and I'll never tip Tenyo fans to a sale again.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
W.O.O,

It appears you missed the very last thing I said in my post:

*P.S. I am not pointing out any specific thread. Just something I noticed starting a month or two ago.

Additionally, I never said anyone was "bad" or pointed to any one thread. My post never referred to an Eye of The Idol sale, Martinka auction, or any threads about Martinka. If I meant those specific posts I would have said so. The post simply said around a month or two ago I noticed what appeared to be posts made in lieu of the seller making his/her own. Nothing more.

I think it's great to share for sale news with fellow members. However, I don't think it's great for sellers to get others to make their sales (or any other kind of) posts for them. They should make them themselves.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I didn't miss a thing that'sCool. Your post was a broad assault on several posts by several people, whom only meant to help fellow Tenyo fans. I only say "assault" - which is admittedly over the top - because you use the word "insulting," which is also over the top. I sincerely doubt that anyone here was "insulted."

Who cares who is posting what tip, to what sale, as long as the folks here on the Care find a particular effect they are looking for? Who are you to judge who posts what? Shouldn't that be up to the moderators?

Your original post was boorish. If you want to cast aspersions, do it with a little more specificity please, so we can at least defend ourselves.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
In my opinion,

Worse than whatever That's Cool is talking about is sellers on the big auction site using shill bidders to bid up an auction like the $520 Haunting Auction about a month a go.

That looks clearly like a scam to me and that kind of stuff really undermines and hurts Tenyo Collectors.

To me it is so suspicious when the loosing bidder bids $510 and the winner bids $520 and neither had any history of bidding on Tenyo or any magic at all (see below).

If the bidders were the Super Bidders I would say then that is the current norm, but it was people who came out of the woodwork to bid on an item that they have demonstrated no interest in previously.

Plus the $520 is way out of whack with any Tenyo Haunting auction before and especially after.

Of course this is one example but I believe that there are many more and I think others here agree.

Once again just my opinion.

Some more info on that Haunting Auction

The winner has no record at all bidding on anything in last 30 days and then he drop $520 on the Haunting ???
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V......ViewLink

The second highest bidder has only bid on men's beauty products and other misc stuff then he's bidding $510 on the Haunting ???
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V......ViewLink
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
You probably right, but do not do either of generality.

Look at the person who buy my Ultra Tube :
http://offer.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi......ViewLink

In her History bid there is absolutly no magic, just cloth, jewel etc... In fact it's his husband who collect magic who have use her ebay account to buy the Ultra Tube...

One would have thought the same thing than you here yet, "but why a person who buys clothes will go to pay 800$, in a shot like that, to buy an Ultra tube ?? " whereas the final answer is simple
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Perhaps he's angry with her and decided to have a litle fun ... . WHAT? YOU PAYED 800 USD for a MAGIC TRICK with my money/ my account?! I want a divorce! Smile
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
Having somebody else post a supposedly new thread with a "look what I found for sale, by so and so" comment and a link is a bit insulting.

Not sure why that would be "insulting". Informative? Yes. Considerate? Yes. Plus, the seller referred to in any of these types of posts may not be a member of the Café, or even know it exists.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
You are right Stereo, you never really know.

But will this seller I know him and he told me on more than one occasion that he and his friend bid on each other's auctions to drive up the price.

In fact he offered to shill bid on my auctions as well but I declined the offer. He though I was taking a chance listing my Tenyos with low starting prices but I trusted the market.

The Tenyo market is strong and you can trust it as a seller. There is no need to play games.

All this being said, you still never really know.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
On another note.

Thank you Stereo. I received the trick you sent me and it is beautiful.

I really like the way that trick (Clean Cut) looks in the blister packaging and really wanted it for my collection.

Thank you for helping me out.

AA
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2012-05-26 11:36, Killertweety wrote:
Perhaps he's angry with her and decided to have a litle fun ... . WHAT? YOU PAYED 800 USD for a MAGIC TRICK with my money/ my account?! I want a divorce! Smile

Yeah, she could have bought one dazzling pair of designer shoes for $800. What was he thinking.

In Stereo's auction the second and third bidders were the bidders previously identified here as the Tenyo Super Bidders who are all over many Tenyo auctions and bid aggressively and sometimes recklessly.

When Stereo put his Ultra Tube up there was no regular auction for that item for quite some time so that had a lot to do with it. The one that sold for $120 just before was a BuyItNow (not a regular auction) that someone snatched up.

With the Haunting there were plenty of them being sold before. In fact one of the Super Bidders was on the $520 auction up to $225 (which was the going rate at that time for a sealed Haunting) and then he dropped out.

The one that Steen Schmidt sold for what looked like $400 actually sold for $225. If you look at the details he had it listed at $400 but accepted an Best Offer for $225.

All this being said, you never really know for sure.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2012-05-26 00:23, Wizard of Oz wrote:
I didn't miss a thing that'sCool.

I'm glad you believe you "didn't miss a thing" W.O.Z, but you did in this case.

I said I was not referring to any specific post by you, or anyone else. So do us both a favor and make sure you are correct before assuming what others mean or imply.

Quote:
On 2012-05-26 00:23, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Your post was a broad assault on several posts by several people,

It was nothing of the sort. An observation/opinion was posted and you seemed to get personally upset about it when the comments were posted never mentioned you or your posts. It was further clarified by myself that they were not about you. Relax and take a deep breath...

[/quote]
On 2012-05-26 00:23, Wizard of Oz wrote:Who cares who is posting what tip, to what sale, as long as the folks here on the Care find a particular effect they are looking for?[/quote]

You again missed what was posted. This is what was said:

I think it's great to share for sale news with fellow members. However, I don't think it's great for sellers to get others to make their sales (or any other kind of) posts for them. They should make them themselves.
Big difference.

Quote:
On 2012-05-26 00:23, Wizard of Oz wrote:Your original post was boorish. If you want to cast aspersions, do it with a little more specificity please, so we can at least defend ourselves.

The post was an observation. Nothing more. You took it personally for whatever reason. No "aspersions" were meant at all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Selling for others on the forum (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL