The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Magnetic Ropes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Hi,

I have ropes with magnetic ends I believe for professor nightmare but can't seem to find the instructions. Please let me know who is the inventor.

Thank you,

BM
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
IF they have magnetic ends, as in BOTH? It could be one of three effects. If the magnets are connected in a pair, that's another. Length will tell as well.
"Dances with ropes", is the only effect that uses professors nightmare with magnets.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I seen a Professor Nitemare routine with red rope and magnets, it was not called Dances with Ropes. Can't remember the name of it though. Some kind of Nitemare.

BM, you are kidding - right? That is like asking I have stick, can you tell me where it came from and where I found it.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
The red set of ropes is Bavarian linking ropes, it is still linking ropes, but to my knowledge, the use of linking ropes and professor's nightmare (long before Dances) was published in my lecture notes in 1977 and shown at National conventions in the 80's and my lectures since then. Dances expanded the routine in 2009.
Bavarian (red ropes) is not a PN effect, but can be done that way.

Ropes with magnets on ends: four nightmares, quadroplets, and a few others that I can't recall.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This package said something along the lines as Professional Professor's Nitemare, or Professional Professor's Day Dream.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Magnetic Ropes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL