The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I.B.M. Youth » » Camp Scholarships (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edhagins
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of edhagins
My Grandaughter wants to apply for a Camp scholarship from the IBM endowmwnt fund. I have searched the IBM website for information on how to apply for 2013 to no avail.
The Tannens Magic Camp told the students to apply as soon as possible for next year. Can anyone direct me to this information?
IBM Youth
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of IBM Youth
This question has just come up with two other families, Ed. As it stands right now, we're not aware of specific scholarships offered through the fund, however, we're checking with Tannen and Sorcerer's Safari to determine what requirements exist. Please give me a few days and we'll have a solid answer for you.

Skip Way
Chair, Youth Committee
I.B.M. Youth Committee
Serving the Newest Generation of Magicians
www.magician.org *** www.facebook.com/IBMYouth *** [email]IBMYouth@magician.org[/email]
IBM Youth
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of IBM Youth
Ed, I have been informed that the IBM currently has no scholarship program for our young magicians - a situation that disappoints me. I intend to push to correct this embarrassing oversight.

In the meantime, let me direct you to The S.A.M. Site. Their endowment fund has offered camp scholarships for young magicians for the past 20 years.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Skip
I.B.M. Youth Committee
Serving the Newest Generation of Magicians
www.magician.org *** www.facebook.com/IBMYouth *** [email]IBMYouth@magician.org[/email]
edhagins
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of edhagins
Skip,
Thanks for the quick response.
It must be an oversight as I'm sure the IBM wouldn't want to be upstaged by the SAM in the Youth nurturing department.
Ed
Mike Segal
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
124 Posts

Profile of Mike Segal
Just a quick update, gentlemen

From what I understand at this point, the IBM WILL be offering a scholarship to Sorcerers Safari Magic Camp this (2013) summer.
Please do check the IBM website for more detailed info, and when I hear anything else, I will let you know.
Thanks!
edhagins
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of edhagins
Does anyone have any information on Camp Scholarships for 2013?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Fair question, Ed - apologies for the delay in responding. I don't see anything posted to the I.B.M. portal yet. I'll check with the folks upstairs and see where things stand.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Jsales99
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Jsales99
There are Scholarships available from both the IBM and SAM as well as FCM to attend Florida Magic Camp
You can also enroll at Flmagiccamp.com. These Scholarships are not tied to the endowment fund and are donated directly from Florida Magic Camp thru these organizations
Contact. Jann Goodsell at SYM. Becki Wells at IBM or Steve Varro at FCM to find out how to get these scholarships. They may even offer extra slots via the organizations funding
Jsales99
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Jsales99
Check out the talented line up for Florida Magic Camp
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I.B.M. Youth » » Camp Scholarships (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL