The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Brainwashed by Ken Dyne - your thoughts, please. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
82 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
I cannot find any reviews of this PDF anywhere on the world wide web. Can anyone who has this PDF share their thoughts, please? (Especially if you've performed it / seen it performed.) What I am particularly interested in is what process / prop etc is used to aid the volunteers' choices. I really hope it's not as crass as, say, forcing alphabet cards. Many thanks in advance. Details below:

http://mentalunderground.com/brainwashed/
£20
Throughout the performance two images are on display, either sitting on the table if working close up, or standing printed large on easels either side of the stage. The volunteer(s) make a series of choices and create a word, an apparently random word from the English language (I don’t use a book for this – I’ll share with you several methods for doing this without using a book that looks a helluva lot more fair and creative).
Once they are convinced that this indeed a fair selection you show your prediction and you’re right. THEN (and here’s where BRAINWASHED comes in) you show how these two apparently innocent images literally branded this word and ONLY this word right on to the walls of their mind.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
's good
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
An extra pdf was sent out with some ideas that I like more for the letter process

you get nice graphics in the package too - still trying to perfect my own stage sized ones, it's still a decent routine using ken's huge face though
this uses similar ideas to other routines but I think this is more fair in some ways as it is a product of smaller decisions rather than lots of big decisions not getting selected, can be very convincing,

even if you didn't like the routine, the reveal is worth some £ and the work in it - I paid less for I think in a preorder offer or something and am very glad I did
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I agree with Adam. I recently purchased this and, while I have not yet put it in front of an audience, I was very impressed with the thinking behind it. The reveal alone, using any of the suggested methods to get the word (and he offers several) or one of your own is worth the price alone. I also agree that the supplement is excellent. I'm quite satisfied with the purchase.
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
I think this is a wonderful routine! I like the fact that it can be used for close-up and stage.

As for the image of Kennedy, I tie this into my presentation. I explain that he was a doctor who studied the influence on images on our behavior...
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Dr Ken! lol
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
82 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
Thank you so much Adam, Joe & 'Duro', for your thoughts and tips. I didn't expect to get such a good response so quickly. (Especially with this only being my 22nd post and all the post-count snobbery at this coffee shop ... erm, café.) There is no doubt that the reveal that had been staring at them in the face (Ken's pretty face, no less) is very strong, (reminds me - maybe a bit too much - of the confetti force and reveal in Enigma) but I hate contrived props and selection processes - and with a description of this process being omitted from the ad, I'm very suspicious. (I won't even do a "just call out stop" card force on someone within arms reach.)
I would very much appreciate a description of one / some of the best letter selection processes (but not the method, obviously) either on this thread or privately. Yes, I am a demanding diva.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Happy to reply to 22 posts as it appeared to be an actual genuine question!

hope my PM answers questions in a clear enough way

I'm happy with it - done correctly this could be one of the most convincing parts of any act
Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
82 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
Huge thanks to 'Duro', Adam & Joe's pms. I have replied to them all. I have decided to give this one a miss for now.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Good idea....

Kieran
lochmann4522
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lochmann4522
Can anybody tell me where to get brainwashed from?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Brainwashed by Ken Dyne - your thoughts, please. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL