The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » balloon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ecno
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ecno
not sure whether this is the right place to ask

I'm looking for a small bottle so I can blow up a balloon really fast. It should fit into my pocket. Where can I find something like that?

And where can I find one with helium?

Thank you.
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Do you mean a compressed air canister?

Slainte!

ML

:stout:
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
Most good model shops sell miniture CO2 canisters. Check out your local one.
ecno
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ecno
Missing_link, yes, a compressed air canister but a small that fits in my pocket. Just to blow up no more than 5 balloons.

J_C, what's a model shop?
I live in Europe, I don't think we that over here. Is that a shop where they sell those little remote controlled cars and airplanes?
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Yes, I think that is what J-C means.

What about adapting the compressed air that goes into a Soda Stream? Don't know if it is possible - just a thought.

ML
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
Ecno, yes. They are sometimes called Hobby shops/stores.
To be honest, it won't be easy.

Using a soda stream would be too big. They're about 1kg and not really practical.

http://www.hottrix.com produce a product called "cancan" which is a refillable compressed gas canister. It can only fill a small balloon up though, but maybe you could start with the cancan and finish off manually.

At the end of the day, it has to be safe and compressed gas isn't always. Even if it is safe, you would feel awful if you made some young children cry because there was a sudden gas leak (loud noise).
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Bike shops sell CO2 pumps that use screw-in metal canisters of CO2. Mine is about 3cm diameter by 10cm long, and it has a trigger control.

They cost from a little under £10.

Bear in mind that when the CO2 expands it gets darn cold.

If that's of any help, and if you're in the UK, I can tell you where the cheapest ones are available.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Billy Andrew
View Profile
New user
Scotland U.K.
55 Posts

Profile of Billy Andrew
and just to qualify "darn cold" is -72 Deg C. Cold enough to stick your fingers to the end of the canister. A little care should avoid any hazard, just keep your fingers off the business end.

Billy
A journey of one thousand miles starts with the first step
Ray Haddad
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
151 Posts

Profile of Ray Haddad
Quote:
On 2002-05-27 06:53, Billy Andrew wrote:
and just to qualify "darn cold" is -72 Deg C. Cold enough to stick your fingers to the end of the canister. A little care should avoid any hazard, just keep your fingers off the business end.

I might add that CO2 is also a poor choice since the temperature is cold enough to cause latex balloons to s-h-a-t-t-e-r like lightbulbs.

My suggestion would be to take an air brush cannister and attach it to a tube running up your leg into your pocket to a nozzle. Those cans can do the job as long as you inflate the balloon once beforehand and then deflate it to make it more flexible.

If your trouser legs are too tight or you are wearing shorts, consider putting all of this into a shoulder pack or backpack for street workers or outdoor parties.

Best,
Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » balloon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL