The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Pendulums" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I just would like to say that I am very NEW to "Pendulums" I did not know where to turn and someone had suggested David Thiel. I contacted David in regards to the e-Books that he offered. I ended up purchasing 2 of them. The first one I purchased was "Pendulum Magic" A Guide for Mystery Performers. The second e-Book was "Pendulum of Fate" by Bob Cassidy. So with David's help and guidance and several emails later he helped set me on a new path to Pendulum Work. I am just a beginner and it will take some time to get where I need to be.

So, why I am posting this? I am posting this as I would Highly reccomend David's E-Books and his Pendulum's. Below is a recent email I sent to David after I received one of his Custom Pendulums. I would love to post a picture of the Pendulum but I do not know how to. If any one can help I would truly appreciate it. David almost did not send me the Pendulum that Sheree had made as it tuned out so Spectacular that he wanted to keep it for himself. And Sheree is just amazing to work with and their customer service is top notch.

Hello David,

OMG, that is all that I can say in regards to the Pendulum. This is a TRUE Piece of Art and Sheree did a Fantastic job. This Pendulum is easliy worth $ 120.00 or more. I am not sure on how to price one but that is what I would have paid for this one.

As stated before I did not understand how a Pendulum works. As soon as I took this out of the package I was able and I do not know how to explain this but I was able to move the Pendulum by telling it what to do. I told it to move Clockwise and it did. I told it to move faster in a circle and it really took off. I had it slow down and go in reverse and it did. I then had it move from left to right and it did. I still do not know how this all works but it was totally awesome to see this. I thought that I was moving my hand or fingers and they did not seem to be moving at all. I know this might sound crazy but this is exactly what my Pendulum did and it scared to crap out of me that it moved like that.

I truly understand what you stated when you said "Get to know your Pendulum" I will get to know her and she and I will make a great team.

Thanks for the Wonderful Pendulum. and tell Sheree "Thank You" for her Amazing Work and Customer Service.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Wow. Thank you, Rodney. I really appreciate what you have to say.

Pics of your pendulum design are here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=4a5fab9f5......IUOjC6Ek

I ALSO appreciate your kind words about Sheree's work. I'm so glad to hear performers appreciating her art. Her custom work is simply outstanding...and is being used by pros all over the world. (I'm allowed to be proud of this, right?)

You should see what she's working on now! I'll just say, "H.G. Wells meets Jules Verne and the words 'vintage pocket watches'." How's that for a teaser? These things are simply sensational. They have a delicious steampunk vibe without getting too strange.

We've spent a lot of time and money haunting eBay and antique and estate sales to get just the right pieces...and now we're in development. (The reason it takes so long to get a pendulum on-line is that we really put them through their paces to make sure our designs will work in the "real world." A lot of projects have been left on the design floor. But this is not going to be one of them.) Watch our site for details.

Okay. Enough of that.

By way of saying "thank you" for your kind post -- I've sent you a very special PM, Rodney. I hope you find it useful.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Enjoy this beautiful journey Rodney

There is a lot of possibilities with pendulums.
Treat your pendulum with care and trust in him

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I have three pendulum routines that I use. One is more of a finding object type effect which I find really gets the spectator intrigued. The second and third are more personal and sometimes I'll combine them together. This is one of the few routines where I have actually had spectators cry after the effect as it is that powerful! I think this is because the way it's presented, they see the true magic of the pendulum swinging through our intuition at work. Then, At the very end, when I tell them the person they are thinking of, it seems to catch them off guard and being this person is of importance, that's when the emotions come out (in a good way). After that, I am free to do whatever, it's times like these that I wish I was a better "reader" and go into a reading.

The pendulum is a whole new world Rodney, be creative and don't hold back, but most of all, have fun!

All the best,

Darren
Twitter @darjames
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have never used a pendulum, I have been reading the Tarot for 30 years, so it might be a way of offering a bit more. Which book do you guys recommend for starters.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Pendulum programming by Kenton knepper

Pendulum Power For The Psychic Entertainer by Richard Webster

Pendulum of fate by bob Cassidy

There is a ton of information out there beyond these three but when I first started getting into pendulums, these are what gained me the knowledge and know how of this lovely tool.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thanks Derren, your suggestions are appreciated. I will check them out.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Pocket Watches?!

I have used a pocket watch for a pendulum since about the 7th grade. I wore one then because my mother got tired of me breaking the crystals on my watch. So she bought me a pocket watch. I grew tall early and was uncoordinated hence all the broken crystals. Began using that as a pendulum almost immediately.

~ Dan
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Darren,

Thank You for your encouragement in using a Pendulum. It is also grealty appreciated that you listed the Books for getting started.

bdekolta,

I would agree that a Pocket Watch can be used as I tried this when I went into a Jewelry store. I personally wanted David's Wife Sheree to Custom make one for me as she has Exqusite taste. And she is very easy to work with. If it were not for Sheree, well lets just say that David needs Sheree in a Good way. David is a Fantastic person to work with. And I will let this out of the bag. David PM'd me some very sage advice that could not be purchased anywhere. He gave me more WISDOM in 2-paragraphs than most people could give in their lifetime and for that I am truly Humbled and Greatly Appreciative.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
You're welcome, Rodney. It was my pleasure.

As for Sheree? I married well. Smile

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Rodney you are correct. I have had the pleasure of meeting David and Sheree in person. Enjoyable time.

Dan
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
"You're always sold out" is what I keep hearing. Oi!

No more. All weekend I will be adding brand new "one of a kind" pendulums to our website. I think these may be among the best ones we've ever released and I'm very excited about them. There are five new ones up right now...and more to come when I get back from my show later today...and all day tomorrow.

http://www.magicpendulums.com/brand-new.html

David

David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Sheree, who designs our pendulums, has asked me to let her clarify exactly what Custom Design is about. So here's what she has to share:

Greetings all,

My name is Sheree. I design all manner of jewelry including pendulums for magicians, mentalists, and hypnotists the world over. And I love making them.

I don’t believe in storybook magic, but I do believe in the magic that is the universe, natural laws and energies. I believe those energies imbue anything created by time and nature, like rocks, gems, and metals. I also believe that human energy, my energy becomes part of the pendulums I make, so I want you to know how positive the experience is for me. Strong positive energy.

But the thing I love the best is uniting energies when I am asked to custom-make a pendulum. Your thoughts mixed with my creativity will yield something spectacular. Just ask. Happy Sunday.

Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Lets not forget the best pendulums in the business come from this site. http://www.mental-craft.com/

Truly incredible work. Often imitated, never duplicated,

J
xxx
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Thank-you for the kind words J. Much appreciated!
However, to be fair...I think David an Sheree put out some very nice products...just a different style from mine. That.... I believe, is a positive situation all around.

Happy trails.
Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "Pendulums" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL