The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Cell phone smash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Profile of Kameron Messmer
I am kicking around an idea of a trick where you borrow a cell phone and smash it. I am thinking of switching for something similar (at least a similar feel to be smashed). I cant think of anything I could smash that would be cheap enough, but still believable as a phone. It would be in a bag or envelope. Any ideas?
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
You can buy fake iphones on ebay for about $8, if you want to smash one each time its too expensive, but if you are just showing the smashed bits after youve done the smashing it could be worth a look.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Yeah, Robert Baxt put that out, it was called Cell Phone Surprise, although I'm not sure it's still available.

A toy phone from the dollar store should do the trick. When you use a real hammer, it sounds pretty good, that's what I used. Smashing up a real phone doesn't actually make that much noise or impact. The toy ones were much better. Fake iphones can often be found for $3 or less, they work well too, a little more realistic.

Good luck!
Kevin
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
If you are looking for free room and board, you could just smash their phone.
Soon you would see something black and white with red on top. lol
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Profile of Kameron Messmer
Good idea about the dollar store. I looked at a toy store but they were huge for toddlers.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I did a comedy phone smash once. After the switch and smash I pulled out some pieces of circuit board and clear plastic strung together with light fishing line.

Sounds like you are looking for a more realistic effect but a bit of circuit board helps sell it 'cause most people don't know what the inside of a phone looks like but they have seen circuit boards when they open a computer's case.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Cell phone smash (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL