The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » VA visits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I was actually looking at those Ed. I was even pondering these:

http://www.amazon.com/Set-Folding-Tv-Tra......ng+table

The stability and durability reviews on these trays seem good, but I don't know... do they look tacky?
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
It may serve the purpose, however I couldn't find the dimensions. Being TV trays they may not be very tall, so you would be bent over while performing. A nice "drape" velcro'd around the edge would certainly dress it up. Just my two cents worth.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Looks good to walk into a room, pop up a table to hold a case, and go to. Looks thin and light enough to carry when folded. I wonder though about the frame and catches holding up to repeated open/lock/unlock/close. And careful with pinching fingers!! Not the pinkie break you want! :8>0

I agree with the fabric - you could create a cammo or red/white/blue motif with a "Thank you Veterans!" theme.

Ed
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I decided to go with the folding magician's table. I really like it! Normally I don't have the money for those kind of purchases, but I got a few extra bucks and decided to spring for it. I paid less then 100 for mine. It's a good height and seems sturdy. Actually, the first one I got slipped past quality control with some issues, but the dealer I chose worked with me and sent me a perfect one. I'll be using it for the VA and the Children's Hospital. It would also make a great side table for parlor shows.
echo3alpha
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of echo3alpha
Preston,

I am a disabled veteran who is getting back into magic after a 10 year hiatus and I applaud you and thank you for taking the time to visit and entertain our veterans. I wish you the very best.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thank you for your kind words and for your service echo3alpha.

It is fun and a great blessing to be able to serve our guys in this way.

Last visit I introduced myself to two vets who were chatting across the hall in their doorways. One guy invited me in to perform and his buddy crept slowly across the hall in his wheelchair to try and see what I was going to do. I invited him in and they watched me perform a ring and rope routine, card warp and then- I don't normally do sponge bunnies for grown men or hospital patients, but I decided to do the bunnies for the man in the wheelchair. I had brought them to perform for the nurses, but I'm so glad I did them for this man. He loved them and cracked up so hard!

When I was done he went back to his room and the other man, Matt, thanked me for coming. He said his friend never laughs or hardly even smiles and he'd never seen him so happy. I was truly blessed as well just to hear that! This man had eye surgery and was waiting for a future date where doctors were going to try and remove cancer from around his liver. I'm sure he battles some depressing thoughts during this time and I was humbled to have been able to bring him a few moments of joy.

When I left the room I sanitized my hands with the foaming dispenser in the hall and massaged it into the bunnies and went on my way.

It is a memory I'll never forget.

Thanks again for your service!
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
Looks like I found the forum I was looking for. Helping veterans and disadvantaged children have always been my passion throughout the years. I recently retired, am lifetime VFW and wish to give back in the form of walk-around magic at a VA center or children's hospital. It is terrific that some of you folks are forging the way and I can learn a lot here. Thank you!

It will be after the first of the year before I will be available to start but in the meantime I can work on my routines and patter.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » VA visits (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL