The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Anyone tried Neatdesk scanner? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
It seems a bit expensive for a scanner. Might there be a data management program that could be used with ANY scanner which might be just as effective?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My wife loves it. As David will tell you my only responsibility with receipts is to give them to her. I am not smart enough to know what to do with them otherwise! But she swears by it, not at it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Man, I'm jealous. I guess I need one of wife thingys.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 12:00, Mindpro wrote:
Man, I'm jealous. I guess I need one of wife thingys.

Me too, but I've heard they are really really expensive and don't always last all that long.
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
@Danny - lol

Skip,

Do you have it set up to keep the receipts bold until you verify they are correct? If so, then it is easy to just run through a bunch, let it process, verify them and then move onto the next bunch or another category.

I actually look forward to using it!

Sincerely,
David
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Thanks, David...yes, they scan in bulk then pop up on my screen in a queue. I verify them one by one then save them to the proper folder. The system does allow a simple scan-and-save without verifying, but the OCR function doesn't always read the right data into the preferred field; receipts are set up differently. Still, even with verifying each scan, it's faster and easier than I could do it all manually. I've had mine several years now and it has more than paid for itself.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
It is a sheet scanner, costs 300+ dollars, kind of high. Shop around you can find a sheet scanner cheaper. Any flat bed will work almost as well, some a bit slower and a lot cheaper.
Their software isn't as smooth and as neat as they advertise it, but if you only have a few receipts you keep (the actual tax deductible ones) it will work ok. Any good file program can be used with a scanner to do the same thing. Most of your office programs if you get a pro version has some form of file program in it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
brittany_killgore
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, Utah
13 Posts

Profile of brittany_killgore
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2013, Close.Up.Dave wrote:
I haven't tried that device, but if you have a smartphone, you can use an app called "camscanner" to scan documents and turn them to pdf's. Also, the free accounting software that I use called "wave accounting" has a smartphone app specifically for scanning receipts and linking them to transactions in your bank account.

I have tried wave accounting and I felt the interface is not user friendly. Actually there is no best accounting app. Accounting software Zipbooks still the best for me.Do you want me to try wave accounting desktop app?
Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
I use the Scanner Pro app on my phone and iPad. Lots of options to save as color, black and white, jpeg or pdf, etc. Add Dropbox to the device and you can instantly save and send it to your computer for archiving.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Anyone tried Neatdesk scanner? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL