The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » "Printing" With The Swirly,, Smudged Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Dominique Duvivier came out with his original "printing" routine many moons ago. I purchased it and learned it and used  it. It user an Atlantis card box. Then Daryl improved it. 

Well, the cards I have, while digging through my older collection of effects are not the ones that go along with Daryl's instructions. These cards have cards that look looks the pips have been swirled and smudged and other wonderful effects. 

But for the life of me, I can't remember the title of the effect, which would enable me to  look up the instructions and re-learn this wonderful effect.

Does any one know the name of the effect that uses the specially printed cards I just described?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Might be Presto Printo or Fallen Pips still available at Daryl.net .
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
By your description, the cards you have are from Presto Printo by Daryl. I'm not familiar with Fallen Pips, but, I have three sets of Presto Printo and I am looking at one right now and the cards are exactly as you describe.

Best,
Vlad
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yes! That was it! I couldn't remember that name for the world. But that totally rings a bell. Thanks fellas! Now all that remains is for me to check my files and see if I still have the instructions.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
So, anyway, thank-you guys for refreshing my 58 year old memory.

It's been a while since I performed the routine, and at this age, things don't stick in my noggin' as long as they used to. Memories become ephemeral.

I had totally forgotten the routine. But I dld remember one thing: It's a very magical routine!

So where I'm currently at is this: I'm looking up Daryl on Ytube performing the effect. Since I still have the cards, but lost the instructions, I'm trying to reverse engineer the set up from watching Daryl's performance.

So far, it's going incredibly slow.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Success! All systems are go and I'm ready for launch. Well, at least with a few weeks more practice. But I did manage to reverse engineer the set up.

These cards are wonderful. The smudge and the spin card are my favorites.

I can't wait to get this smooth again and bring if back into the fold of my repertoire.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
You can get the cards here cheap:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pB6Y_......PP9C.jpg

Bernd
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I have always loved "Presto Printo". Not only the "printing" of the cards, but also the cool way the cards are shown as blanks before the "Printing", and even the cool "shuffle" type way to force the 10. I actually use that type of force in other effects. It's very fair looking.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
And that force is dead easy to do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » "Printing" With The Swirly,, Smudged Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL