The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » David Blaine Ice Pick and Skewer Illusion or Not? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of towledge
Someone suggested you guys would be the best to pose the question of whether the David Blaine Ice Pick Through Hand and Skewer Through Arm were based on illusion or not. These were featured at the top and end if his recent TV special. In both cases there was no blood.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It's real.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
You sure, Todd?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yup. I helped with that.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

I had a feeling....
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
BigDC
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of BigDC
Wow, that is awesome to hear it is real. How many other things have you helped David Blaine with Todd?
Magician of the century
View Profile
New user
Washington
57 Posts

Profile of Magician of the century
The ice pick though hand looks simular to dan hauss's through and through. That Certainly was not Harry Anderson's needle though arm. All the laymen have been talking about magic again thanks David Blane:) More business for all of us;)
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I have been part of David's quest to master water spouting and turned him on to the guy in Afica that does it. There is another stunt that David is obsessed with that is coming up soon.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Probably an attempt to use nipple piercings to lift heavy objects?

Water spouting a la Mortado?
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Mirin Dajo
Aberdeen1234
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Aberdeen1234
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2013, Todd Robbins wrote:
It's real.

It sure looked real to me.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2014, Aberdeen1234 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2013, Todd Robbins wrote:
It's real.

It sure looked real to me.

'cause it was.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2013, Todd Robbins wrote:
Mirin Dajo

Seriously Todd?! If David is obsessed with replicating Mirin Dajo's feats, the needle thru arm was just a warm up... That is insanity.

Sf
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yup, that's David.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Aah real??
I was though it s fake. I know someone did it real with thin accupunture needle but not icepick.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Just like the small needle but more intense.
stine
View Profile
Regular user
TN
152 Posts

Profile of stine
I performed years ago with Tim Cridland ( The Torture King) and he told me he wanted to have a foil run through his liver and show no ill effects. I didn't realize that was possible without killing yourself?

He is a very nice guy and as I spoke to him about sideshow stunts he did mention some kind of hypnotic state, or meditation in controlling his mind to not feel pain. I always wondered if that was true could your mind keep you from getting infection because he always used sterilized needles:)

I can swallow swords and do blockhead etc but was still impressed by his needle through bicep as it would seem that would hurt.

Learning to swallow a sword was the hardest thing I ever learned.
ThSecret
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of ThSecret
From my own findings I would say it is a real Stunt. If you look back at what David was performing in the past, and listen to a variety of his interviews, it would very much make sense, that it is not an illusion. There is a progression to get to where he has today with this stunt.

@Todd Robbins, we have to have a chat some day. Expect a message from me some time, I do not know when, but it will happen one day. (: You truly have done some amazing things. You helped David with the performance / teaching of this stunt?
"A play does not take place on stage but in the minds of the spectators."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » David Blaine Ice Pick and Skewer Illusion or Not? (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL