The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Vinosense - mini review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Where from - your local dealer, in the uk, freepostmagic.co.uk seem to have it the cheapest at thirty one quid with free shipping (obviously, given their name)...

info: http://www.freepostmagic.co.uk/index.php......id=11863

the blurb says:
You hand out a wine cork to your spectator. While you're looking away, the spectator holds the cork in either hand. You can tell which hand that the cork is in. The performance can be repeated.

You can perform it with short sleeves, or even BARE NAKED.
You don't need any electric devices. You can perform it forever.
No need to reset at all. You can perform it anytime, anywhere.
All gimmicks are professionally hand made.

You can perform it on close-up, parlor, street, and even on stage! You invite 4-5 people on stage and ask one of the spectators hold the cork while you're facing away. The rest of the spectators also pretend like they are holding the cork. Then all the spectators put their fists forward. You face back to them, and ask them to raise the hand in a count 3 IN THEIR MIND if they have the cork. Then you eliminate the spectators who don't have the cork in their hands. You find out who's holding the cork. But it's not the end of the trick. You ask the last spectator to hold the cork in either hand while you are facing away again. Then you tell which hand the cork's in.

"I've been performing the handling and gimmicks over years. After many improvements and refinements, this handling and gimmicks have reached the pinnacle of lean, efficient magic. The simple gimmicks, a direct effect, tiny space for storage, this trick has all the elements for the professional magic. Once you use it, you never leave it home." - SpencerTricks

I say:
simple, straight forward routine, we've seen them all one way or the other, from medallions, to coins, to a myriad of other objects...the gimmicks involved here are very much like charles gauci's, with the following differences.

Well, firstly, its a very well made cork, no funny seams or anything out of the ordinary...just looks like a wine cork. No over the top branding or anything out of the ordinary. And it fits in an average sized lady's fist.

the second gimmick, and this is where things get a little fuzzy...This is very similar to the charles guaci gimmicks, except this you keep in your hand. The second gimmick is very clever, and is invisible whilst using it - and the range is around 5-6 inches...and the way its built is very good, and works 100% of the time.

the dvd covers (in english and japanese - seperately, no subtitles) the handling, how to use both gimmicks, as well as demos of the routine itself.

I like it, will use it - for the right environment it is clean and simple to justify the cork...8.5/10
I've asked to be banned
Patrick2409
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of Patrick2409
Hi Iain,

thanks for the review. I personally never really liked the second Gauci gimmick respectively the process it demands but I like the use of a coin. Based on your description I think I can give the answer to myself but just to be sure: Would the second gimmick from vinosense work with the special coin instead of the cork? And would the process be comparable to sixth sense?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I don't have sixth sense...

I think a cork has an advantage, especially if its in the right environment... a coin, especially a special looking coin may need some kind of explanation...

I've not tested the secondary gimmick (the 'sensing' element) against any other primary gimmick (the element that is held by the participant)...so I dunno...technically it should work, but my gauci medallion/coin has long since been packed away...

though its not taught exactly like this, but basically if you do not get a read on one hand, then its gonna be in the other - so I've never really gone for the mystic waving that you get in a lot of presentations...just a natural gesture will do (in my opinion)...
I've asked to be banned
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Sixth Sense 2.5 range

50c Euro: 4"
British pound: 4"
Half dollar: 4.5"
PK ring: 5"

This seems great as it's not electronics and the range even better Smile
Right place to use a cork way to go!

Thank you Iain for your time to review
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
The 5-6" size I mention - I am measure from the centre of the cork to the signal of the secondary gimmick...not from the back of the knuckle of the hand holding the primary gimmick...
I've asked to be banned
Patrick2409
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of Patrick2409
Thanks a lot, that answers my questions. I was trying to be too generic ;-)

I had a special 50 Cent coin in mind (as I think it's the least restrictive regarding environment) and the question behind the process was more like 'do I just have to gesture above one hand and I get my read by feel'
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Ian, thanks so much for posting your thoughts as I've been going back and forth on this. I've owned almost every type of which hand effect there is to be honest. If I may ask, is the set up easy to get into? In other words, if using say, close up, (or even stage) can I do something before/after while having the gimmick in place without having to always "set up"?

D
Twitter @darjames
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No, the set up is done in about 2 seconds, and the set-up is very simple...

take the cork out of the pocket, and...that's about it...

so there's nothing really to be set-up with, just get the secondary gimmick in play as you either show the cork, or as I have been doing, set yourself up as you produce the cork from a jacket pocket...

basically though - its too easy to be a concern...but its not something you want to be set up with whilst doing other stuff...there's no need....
I've asked to be banned
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
I think the range is more like 5 or 6 cm, not inches.
I also have had trouble getting a read sometimes.

Woodfield
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Fair enough, we can only speak from our own experience...
I've asked to be banned
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Thanks Ian, looks like I'll be placing an order.
Twitter @darjames
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
If say we personally decide the cork is too big and makes it look like we are divining based on the size of the fist is there the opportunity to make a new cork gimmick out of a smaller cork?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
A small slender Japanese lady's hand is enough to hold the cork without fear...

so, just don't perform it for midgets, kids or midget-kids...
I've asked to be banned
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 12:34, IAIN wrote:
A small slender Japanese lady's hand is enough to hold the cork without fear...

so, just don't perform it for midgets, kids or midget-kids...

But they're my key demographic. I'm huge in the midget-kids market. Oh well, this one's not for me. Smile
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Vinosense - mini review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL