The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Flying with cups (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
156 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Hi all
Does someone knows if there are some restrictions in bringing set of cups and balls, chop cups etc in the hand luggage when flying
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
I have never had a problem; the last time I flew with a set was about 6 months ago, all my travels were within the US.
Whatever you do... don't travel with any color changing knives.

Good luck,
Bruce
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
156 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Thanks Bruce
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Or the old style bang wands Smile
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
When I flew out of Charlotte they took out my cups and balls and ran them through x-rays a second time. I was interviewed by one of the security people who asked me what they were...I said they were cups...she didn't like my answer...New Orleans they said "oh, a magician"...just depends. There is nothing in the rules about them and all is legal...carry your cups with pride!!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Tell 'em they are flower pots
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
156 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Thanks guys....
You know, I really don't want to leave the airport, get on plane without my precious cups!
Also I'm supposed to do a longer workshop, also presenting Benson Bowl and Chop Cup routines.
I really hope not to have any problems with the chop cup...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Here is an alternative I have used many times with complete success. About 3 or 4 days before your out of town event, ship a spare set of your cups, etc. to the address of the performance via FedEx ground. If you don't have a spare set, ship them via FedEx overnight. <BR> <BR>No hassles <BR>
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Just don't try to take them through the airport in Atlanta.
They have no sense of humor of which we are aware...
Jeff Foxworthy is telling the truth - they have a large glass case that is filled with items that they have confiscated. I did not personally see the Coleman lantern and the weed eater, but it would not surprise me at all if they were in there as well.

I think you would have bigger issues with production items, depending upon what you plan to produce.

Now where could I get a suitcase like Newt Scamander, with the Muggle switch setting?...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Flying with cups (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL