The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Google Hangout for magicians (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Johannes Lindrupsen
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
111 Posts

Profile of Johannes Lindrupsen
Hey everyone!

I know that I am not a regular poster here, but I spend a lot of time reading others posts on the forum. I am a magician, actor and comedian from Norway that work as a performer fulltime.
I really miss magicians to speak to and interact with (in more than a forum way) and so I wanted to see if anybody is interested in making a google hangout for magicians here on The Café!

I think it would be an amazing opportunity to get to know people, share what you are practicing, get motivation, talk about a book you just read and so on.
I think that if some guys would want to do this, it would be an amazing way to communicate trough text and video and to help each other get better and better.

So please let me hear what you think of my idea and hopefully I will see some of you over at google hangouts.
I have some ideas for structuring events and stuff if people are interested, but I just wanted to get a feel of what people think first Smile

Talk to you soon!
-Johannes
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I wast… spend enough time here already but you may get some takers.

-Mary Mowder
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
I think that sounds cool!
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
Any progression on this idea?
Raymagic11
View Profile
New user
Holland
63 Posts

Profile of Raymagic11
I think it is a great idea! I really hope this will progress, so please let me know if a hangout is set up and I will definitely join:)
"A magician has the skill to conceal the skill"
- Paul Wilson
"Magic is driven by emotion and conflict"
- Tommy Wonder
Xaa
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Xaa
Just wondering if this idea ever got off the ground?
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein, What I Believe (1930)
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I think Skype would be a better solution but as its been taken over by Microsoft it probably won't be free for much longer .
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Anything is good to try, as long as it totally private. Google likes to put everything out to the general public, so I just don't trust them. They like to constantly change the rules on users.

I really don't think a Hangout will work, who has time to make a video, or post pages and pages of text. Heck, here on the Café, members can't type a complete thought, to much trouble. And it probably is using a smart phone.
JWethington
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of JWethington
Hey guys I''ve been doing Google Hangouts for a few weeks now and they're really great. I would definitely be interested in doing one.

As to Bill's point about not being secure, I feel it's like publishing a book- if you want to hide something publish it Smile

Hope we can get this going I think it would be cool... and I have time Smile

Jason
RJLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
162 Posts

Profile of RJLockwood
Any support for this?

If you read my comment and are interested... post below! Lets get this going
The more I learn, the less I seem to know.
dschmunis
View Profile
New user
Hillsboro, OR
91 Posts

Profile of dschmunis
Any progress on this?

how about creating a SLACK community for real time conversations?
RJLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
162 Posts

Profile of RJLockwood
I'm still interested, hopefully people will post some more and we can get this rolling.

@dsch te Platform doesn't matter to me Smile
The more I learn, the less I seem to know.
quintamonious
View Profile
New user
New York, NY, USA
4 Posts

Profile of quintamonious
I would be interested in making a slack community
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As usual with magicians, all talk and no action! Sad, very sad.
quintamonious
View Profile
New user
New York, NY, USA
4 Posts

Profile of quintamonious
I'm in the process of automating the form but for now if you sign up here: https://quinn44.typeform.com/to/COHIaT you should get an invite for magicianstalk.slack.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Time after time » » Google Hangout for magicians (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL