The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Jos A Bank (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
These guys have some great sales and clearance items. I just bought a $900 dollar suit including alterations for only $136 dollars!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I occasionally find new sportcoats at Goodwill or The Salvation Army Store for $5.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Me too! This was my first ever, actual suit.

I have a nice grey, Halston jacket I wear with grey slacks. Bought both at the thrift store and only 6 dollars for the coat.

The quality of this suit is very apparent; however, and I'm glad I invested in it.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I keep hearing the TV commercials for Jos. A Bank, and I wonder why the heck they are advertising here for because there's none in this hick town. Why waste their money on advertising here??

In fact I have no idea where the heck these stores are located! New York? Chicago? Los Angeles? Can anybody tell me?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Theodore... congratulations on your new suit... remember to have the right shirt, tie, shoes and and belt for the whole package.

And if you can't afford those things now... make the best with what you have. Shoes shined and the same color as the belt. The shirt professionally pressed or ironed. No garish ties or at the very least not stained or wrinkled.

It the little details that can make things better.

Take care,
Bruce
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Daff- We have one here in Tucson so that must be saying something; Tucson is a little backard, as maw would attest. They might feel advertising is worthwhile in your area because they do a lot of online business. If you know your measurements you could easily order some nice clothes from them for a good price.

BCS- Thanks for the advice. My wife is my clothes cop. She won't let me leave the house looking bad. She's a keeper.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
So they offer online ordering ? Then I'll surely check them out.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Yeah, and the clearance deals are awesome. I still can't believe I got a 900 dollar suit for 136 dollars. AND- it's lightweight material which is great for performing in a hot restaurant environment.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
You may also try The Men's Warehouse. They recently acquired the Joseph Abboud line - . It's high end, but offered at a reasonable price. Also, they often have 2 for 1 sales.

As mentioned above, clean, neat, shoes polished, shirt pressed, hair trimmed. All of this counts. I typically wear a black vest, and white shirt ( sleeves rolled up). I wear either black dress trousers, khakis, or jeans depending on the the formality of the show. And of course, my Panama hat Smile.

Little things can make a difference. Remember that impressions are made before you ever open your mouth - how you look/present yourself will influence how much they like you. And, as we all know, if they like you, they will like your show.

Hudson
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That is a cardinal rule. If they like you, they will like your show.
fingerflinger
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
57 Posts

Profile of fingerflinger
I've bought a number of items of apparel from Jos. A. Bank. They have an enormous inventory of clothes available in a huge array of sizes. They are one of the few retailers that still sells trousers in both regular and long rise sizes. I could normally never buy an off the rack suit, because the trousers that would normally come with the size jacket I needed, were always unwearable for me, even with alterations. However, Jos. A. Banks has a huge selection of suit seperates, so one can easily find the right size jacket, and trousers. Also, they sell lots of merchandise that is still made of natural fibers, such as wool, cotton, and silk. Most other stores in the price range of Jos. A. Bank sell clothes made from synthetics, such as polyester, which I just don't find as comfortable as natural fibers...

Because of their pricing structure, it only makes sense to buy from them when the merchandise is on sale (which happens all the time). These are the real prices, of the merchandise. The "regular" prices are hugely inflated, and no matter what I wanted to buy at Jos. A. Bank, I never had to pay the "regular" price...
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Checked out a local Jos A. Bank store near me. Very nice.
The sales rep. I spoke with was very aware of pockets and such wanted by magicians. He was very knowledgeable about putting together the whole package.
Yes, dress shirts, ties, socks, shoes, etc are expensive, but hit a sale and get a great package.
I don't need any more effects.
I want to lose 10 to 15 pounds before I invest.
I need another suit with accessories anyways.
Next year hopefully I'll have the weight off for good.
nonprofitmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of nonprofitmagic
Good luck on your weight loss goals! You can do it!

Kevin

Quote:
On Dec 1, 2015, algebraic wrote:
Checked out a local Jos A. Bank store near me. Very nice.
The sales rep. I spoke with was very aware of pockets and such wanted by magicians. He was very knowledgeable about putting together the whole package.
Yes, dress shirts, ties, socks, shoes, etc are expensive, but hit a sale and get a great package.
I don't need any more effects.
I want to lose 10 to 15 pounds before I invest.
I need another suit with accessories anyways.
Next year hopefully I'll have the weight off for good.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I don't like the lastest trend in men's suits. There are too many men's suits worn in which the men look like they are wearing suits two sizes too small for them.

For example, on AGT, Nick wore a suit in which his pants appeared to be 3 inches too short for him. Also the suit appeared to be skin tight for him.

My wife and I both hate this new trend in men's suits.

That's just my opinion.

I went to Jos A Bank to try a suit on. The salesman had me try on a jacket two sizes lower than what I normally wear. Honestly, I wasn't comfortable at all and had trouble moving my arms. My wife said I looked liked I didn't know how to buy a suit that fits properly. I had to agree. No purchase for me that day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Jos A Bank (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL