The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Making a shadow, ghost, and smoke effects video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello everyone,
I am wanting to make a video that can play in the background that has special smoky effects. I am wanting to make a smoky/cloudy shape that appears to be human. It would rise upward as it moves like a ghost.

Can anyone suggest any software or any other ways to do this?

Ray
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
As for software, I don't think anything would suit you (they are quite expensive and not easy to learn to master). To get a high end result, something like a FumeFx simulation would create stunning results though FumeFx is a plugin and you'd need another software to plug it into.

Depending on quality etc. that sort of result could be achieved in After Effects with smoke smoke footage and an animated mask.

It is very dependant on what you actually want/need in terms of look, quality and so forth. The best option would be to hire someone to do it. For the coming weeks I am too tied up with a large animation.
Sent from my Typewriter
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I'm sure Ryan Reed could do this for you in his sleep
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Who is Ryan Reed? I googled his name and got a race car driver. Is this who you mean?

Ray
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
I've never used it, but it sounds like a job for someone on fiverr. - Google it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Making a shadow, ghost, and smoke effects video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL