The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Spirit Chalkboard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Attached is a brief clip of a few spooky magic effects for one of my favorite holidays - Halloween.

Some of the effects in the video are based on principles so old they are new as well as a few collectibles. The final effect is my own - spirit chalkboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8S_M6RkVU

Chuck
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I like the spirit chalkboard Chuck. I could see that playing really well with kids...the spirits drawing while your back is turned.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
StevieDee
View Profile
Regular user
Salt Lake City area
154 Posts

Profile of StevieDee
Delightful as always, Chuck. I particularly enjoyed the silk penetrating through the bandana. I remember when I was a kid, Mark Wilson did a similar effect with a paper cone, a ping pong ball, and a silk. He started with the silk protruding from the apex of the cone, and related it to a princess's wimple (a conical hat with a cascading train, as any fan of "Cinderella" would know!) I think Nani probably was wearing one earlier as part of the set-up. Mark "vanished" the ping pong ball in the silk using the hidden gimmick, then placed the silk over the cone. Pulling on the silk, the vanished ping pong ball slowly reappeared through the silk. For some reason, I figured out the trick and had a great time imitating Mark. I haven't seen the principle used in a long time.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Thanks...I had a blast performing with these. Great idea Stevie...you are correct..this idea is so old, it is new! Recently I have been going back to Tarbell...some of the ideas are very good and rarely seen today.

Happy Halloween!!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Pretty cool stuff, Chuck.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I too enjoyed the chalk effect, can it reveal other numbers ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Spirit Chalkboard (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL