The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Magic History and Magic Collection Magazine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Just wanted to let you know that a new digital magazine about magic history and the business of collecting magic memorabila, has recently been launched: Ye Olde Magic Mag ( http://yeoldemagicmag.com/ ) is a quarterly magazine on these subjects, designed to be especially enjoyed on digital devices and computer monitors.

An "Issue Zero" of the magazine, free of charge, is available for download at http://yeoldemagicmag.com/ with articles on Robert-Houdin, the source about an anecdote on Houdini, an overview of recent magic auctions of note, and more.

Very few printed copies of the magazine are available for the serious collector, post-free worldwide.

Hope you enjoy it!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Cheers, just downloaded it, off for a read now.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Awesome. Thank you for the heads-up. I'll take a look...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
magicwolverine
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicwolverine
Really great addition to the field. Fingers crossed for its success!
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Thank you for your messages, they are much appreciated!

I have received reports that the site may not be accessible from some networks in Canada... any Canadian here who could confirm if the site is accessible to them?

All the best,
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Issue 1 of Ye Olde Magic Mag has been released: http://yeoldemagicmag.com/downloads/ye-o......-issue-1

It contains articles on a mysterious Italian (or Portuguese?) magician from the 18th century; a calendar of all performances of Robert-Houdin in Great Britain; a review many magic auctions of the last few months; and much more.
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of MERose
I only found out about Ye Olde Magic Mag a few days ago and have since downloaded and read the three available issues. I am very impressed with the quality of not only the content but the appearance and layout of the digital issues. I also purchased the printed copies and I'm looking forward to comparing them to the digital version. I also want to mention how helpful Marco has been. I had a few issues trying to download to my Kindle Fire and he replied to my emails quickly. I hope the collector/magic history community will embrace this magazine, it's one I'd like to see continue for many years.

Mike
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
126 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
I can't believe a year has passed since I began this magazine, that has now grown to be one of the most respected resources for updates on the history of magic and a record of magic collectibles from around the world. Issue One of Volume 2 of Ye Olde Magic Mag has just been published, as a digital download and with a very small (75 copies) print version. The digital version has 47 pages and more than 24,000 words, while the print version, the largest to date, is 64 pages long and comes with a free CD: an audio recording on British magicians of the early 20th century.

This issue features a long article on how to collect digital magic (the various e-books and video downloads that are changing the face of magic collecting), the first-time translation of a review of a show by Annie Abbott (the Little Georgia Magnet) in Italy in 1892, as seen by Italian adventure writer Emilio Salgari, the revelation of the authorship of the magic articles generally attributed to Charles Dickens, and much more. The magazine is here: http://bit.ly/1TnoD41

Submissions are accepted for future issue, from magic historians and collectors.

Many thanks for the attention!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Magic History and Magic Collection Magazine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL