The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Cord cup washer wand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
I saw David Ginn perform and explain a science/physics trick involving a coffee mug with a length of cord tied to it, at the end of the cord was a washer, the cup with the cord attached was draped over a wand and then dropped. Instead of hitting the ground, the washer wound the cord around the wand preventing the smash.

Having only just been reminded of this trick and the lecture being who knows how long ago, I can not get this to work (been practicing over my bed).

Can anyone help?
Thank you.
Booyah!
davidj40
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of davidj40
The first time I saw this trick was Barrie Richardson. It is in one of his book Act Two. The trick is called Letting Go. He credits Stewart James in his book Stewart James In Print, title has the word gravity in it. When I did this trick I put a pretty heavy washer on the end of the cord, which makes it work better. The cool thing about this is there is no magic, it is all science.
restaurant3000
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of restaurant3000
Thanks for replying.
I got the biggest washer I could (dollar size?). My cord is the length of tip of fingers to opposite arm pit. Definitely needs to be played with. Should have done this the same evening after the David Ginn lecture rather than wait months and months, it was the best trick of the night for me.

Another café member is doing this with a small cup, teaspoon and ring (sounds like a lovely restaurant piece), but the Science of Magic is the correct, recommended place for a dedicated thread on the subject.
Booyah!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Cord cup washer wand? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL