The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Dyes for Leather (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

R. Steiner
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of R. Steiner
I am interested in doing some dyes on leather. The thing is, I would prefer to use natural plant dyes. Does anyone have any experience doing anything like this?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I do not, but a quick Google search revealed some decent information on making your own natural leather dyes.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I only use Tandy Leather Stores as my information center when it comes to leather. When I covered a box with leather they had a nice wallet leather that I was able to cover the box with. I used the advice from an Upholstery store to learn how to make the corners. Why not visit a Tandy Leather Store, I am sure they can help you. I would imagine there are leather craft websites that you can inquire to the experts. I would look for and visit a leather craft website forum.

Whenever I have a magic project which uses other sources for the knowledge, I go to the store, book, or experts that regularly work with such things to get expert information.

When I made my magic tables I went to a wood craft store. When I made a gimmicked pen, I went to the hardware store to by the drills and bits to along with sanding paper and brass tubes.

When I want to paint a prop, I visited a paint store.

I just checked Tandy Leather website, an I did not see anything on plant dyes, just leather dyes, both water soluble and oil based. I bought some leather dye once, and found the leather was very dull and flat after dying, so I needed a top coat or sealer to make it look like the leather all my wallets I buy at the men's store.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Dyes for Leather (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL