The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Some pictures of unfinished Twister Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Mirrors are in place but I do not have the clothing on the middle section yet. I have to finish off the lower boxes inside. Attach the winch so that it will raise the top with an eerie clicking sound. I need to paint the top boxes back and right outside section.
The top box will lift off of the bottom box for tranportation as will the twister.

Http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/......qi_1.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/......dqld.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab43/......rmp2.jpg
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I see you chose a single door, what was your thought behind one door. It will make the open a little awkward in movement of the performer, won't it. I believe it may also give a glimpse to the method, as all boxes I have seen in magic with this method always use double doors. Of course, I am no expert, just noticed your departure from the established way of designing.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I have 5 and a half to 6 inch sides on each side of the front door. Those sides do what they are suppose to do for the Illusion.

Today I added the winch. As I practiced its workings, my family members said; "Oh that's spooky," amd "That is so creepy."

I'm building this illusion to tell a story. The performer, my assistant will at first have to raise the center portion of the roof with the Head Twister on top with the winch. Then she will unlock an old looking lock on the left side of the door. Then she opens the door and pulls out a shelf before telling me to get in. I of course have no idea what she is up too as I step into the illusion.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
Are you working off Osborne Plans?
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Yes, but of course I've changed a lot, but the basics are off of his plans.

Now that I look back on it, my idea on changes evolved in a period of about 2 weeks. Originally, I was going to stick with his design. As I reflected on how I would build it, my crazyness came into play.

As it was being built, I would try to see if it would work as planned. It is so cool, to see it come alive so to speak. I would have to work out bugs along the way.

I might be able to finish Monday, except for the clothes I will wear during the performance. It looks like I will have to order what I want online.
DaleTrueman
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
317 Posts

Profile of DaleTrueman
I think it's looking great! I'm the same, I try to stick to the plans but I always end up customising and "improving" it. Sometimes it is actually improved.....not always lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Some pictures of unfinished Twister Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL