The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Need guidance on jumbo 3 card Monte with 4 cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

krowboom
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago area
233 Posts

Profile of krowboom
There are 2 versions I have seen (see links below) of 3 card Monte with 4 cards. My question is "which display of the cards all being the same is best"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PgdC3QWvF8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Fw0vAtXec

Thanks for your opinions
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Spellbinder's version (from The Wizards' Journal #22) makes more sense to me than the others because he starts with two Jokers and an Ace (you print out the cards yourself if you want). He explains that most decks have two Jokers, but then a third Joker keeps showing up, so he decides to use it as a "distraction card." He ends when he is holding three Aces and one Joker... but you can go on and restore the pack if you feel the need to end as you started with three Jokers and an Ace.

The answer to your questions is: which display of cards seems best to YOU? Does it make sense with the story YOU tell? Does it get YOU applause?
krowboom
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago area
233 Posts

Profile of krowboom
I think you are misunderstanding what I am asking. Each magician in the clips counts the cards to show all black cards or at the end all red cards. They each do this in a different way. What I am asking is which method do you think looks the best i.e. most convincing and magical? I haven't performed this yet and that's why I am asking. In either case the story and patter are the same.
jimmy dunn
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of jimmy dunn
I like using the first youtube version using the Elmsley count, I use it in the "the only 3 card trick in the world using 4 cards.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Need guidance on jumbo 3 card Monte with 4 cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL