The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Yet another 'Help identify this trick' thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
This is an effect I used to perform 10+ years ago. Maybe even longer ago than that. It bugs me that I cannot remember the details of it today. I'll describe what I remember.

First of all, it is not Danny Archer's 'Eye Exam' trick.

In the trick I am thinking of the magician does a sequence of observation tests with a volunteer using 4 cards. I think there are three stages plus a final revelation. Each stage features a question, like how many black cards are there, what suits, what are their faces. Maybe one of the questions has to do with the back colour of the cards. Or how many cards are face up. I don't remember for certain what the three questions were, but I'm pretty sure there WERE three. Each time, the volunteer is shown to have made some error.

I think the final revelation is that all four cards have changed into something other than what they were. Say, aces instead of fives.

It reminds me of NFW but I think it was a different commercial packet trick.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
HA! I found the answer in a thread just below. It is Jon Allen's "Double Back" I am thinking of.

I misremembered some of the details, but that IS the trick.

Thanks to Mb217 for that thread.

Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Yet another 'Help identify this trick' thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL