The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Anyone building Halloween Props? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Is anyone building any Halloween props this year?

I have always been fascinated with a talking skull that could do double duty as a Halloween prop or part of a Spirit routine.

Here is a link to the one I have been looking at. http://www.frightideas.com/talking-skulls.html

Then here is a low budget version:
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3043 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Not this year, but here's something along the same lines, which I built some years back.

That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Fun ideas!! Love the sconce, George!! I have a line of Halloween props that I make for the market. You can check my website (click on my signature) to see that stuff. I'm not plugging for sales here because most of it has sold out anyway, but you can see the photos. I had Talking Skulls too, but they were mechanical, not electronic.

I also make a number of things for my own show, from giant skeleton puppets, to smaller handheld props, and a few close up things. Seen below is part of a thing I am cobbling together for the family Halloween shows this year. It is a sand frame that I modified with epoxy putty and some Halloween store "parts". I have a pretty cool routine worked up so that this is more than just an appearance of a photo.

~michael baker
The Magic Company
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
GS121002
View Profile
Veteran user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
313 Posts

Profile of GS121002
Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

It's a fact! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
(This line censored by Dave Scribner because it is in Latin) - What you believe is real, is real!
Who was that masked man and what is he all about? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Great links, Thanks!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1958 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
My wife is going as the witch from snow white. I'll probably build her a human heart that glows.
illusionman2
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of illusionman2
These are the ones I did this year.
http://s177.photobucket.com/user/illusio......04450965
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Not this year, sadly. My son has somehow become deathly afraid of masks and such, and I don't want him to end up crawling into our bed every night for a month with nightmares.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Neighbor and I built 13 zombies. 1"x2" wood frames standing between 5'5" and 6"3". Dressed with old clothes, zombie masks and wigs. Will be staging them around our block for Halloween. Several of the Neighbors will also be dressing in matching Zombie outfits and walking among them. Should be fun..
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Zombies sounds like fun. You should consider making a giant puppet- 12 to 15 feet tall, mounted on a back pack and operated with rods to the hands. Google "Giant Puppets" for plenty of ideas and leads to sites where they explain how to make these.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
These are the very large puppets that I made a few years ago, and still use in my Halloween show. These are not puppets you wear, as Jim mentioned, but they are rod puppets operated from behind a backdrop. The heads turn side to side and the mouths open/close. They are about 5 feet high.

~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Anyone building Halloween Props? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL