The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » General Grant's Double Tier No-Drag Dove Pocket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
I just found one of these. I don't know when or whereI got it. It has never been used All the velcro has the original adhesive strips unopened. This thing looks like it would be a GREAT thing for any serious dove worker. Any idea what it is worth? I will probably sell it as I have not worked with doves in a long time.

P.S. I have the original instructions with it and they are dated 1994
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The price list I have from 1992 shows it priced at $25.00. I had two of these, but I do not remember any Velcro attached to them. Mine had to be sewn into the coat.
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
This one had velcro tabs with sticky backs. They are all new. I wonder if there were two different models or if he changed the way he made them.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Is yours curved to fit under the arm pit?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Curt, I assume by "tabs" you mean velcro attached to the pocket to secure it to the jacket. Gen never made a tier pocket with velcro so you either have a one that has been modified by someone or a pocket that isn't really Gen's. In actual usage, the pocket shouldn't be attached with velcro anyway. The tiered pockets work best when actually sewn in and referencing Bill's question, all of Gen's pockets are in a L shape to fit under the arm pit.

The current cost a double tier pocket is $30 by the way.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » General Grant's Double Tier No-Drag Dove Pocket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL