The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » New member - Hi! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SWiCh
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of SWiCh
Hi everyone

I am really excited to have recently been accepted as a member of the IBM; save any objections following issuance of March's copy of the Linking Ring, which I hope are unlikely!?

I live on a small island about 25 miles off the coast of France (English speaking), with about 65,000 people - there aren't many magicians and certainly no magic clubs. I am hoping to try and change that by contacting the few people I know who enjoy magic and start a group - the IBM gives me the 'weight' to feel more empowered to do so. Watch this space...

I am into card magic, constantly working on perfecting my sleights; I recently sold about 75% of my tricks which were card gimmicks or gaff decks to focus my mind on texts such as Expert Card Technique (Hugard/Braue) and Erdnase's Expert at the Card Table.

Cheers
Stu.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Welcome. If you are on facebook check out our group there Ring 2100 https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ring2100/
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
SWiCh
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of SWiCh
Thanks for the welcome and approval to join Ring 2100, a realy great idea for us stragglers with no physical Ring!
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Welcome Stu!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
tjburianek
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of tjburianek
Hello and Good Day!

My name is Tommy Collins. I've always been a huge fan and admirer of Magic. Close-up, card, coin, stage... It doesn't matter to me, I enjoy it all! My interest in Magic started at age 11 with the Mattel Show-Stoppers Magic Kit. I loved the mystery and fun of the performance. I stopped however, a couple of years into the interest. The great news is, I now have a 12 year-old son, who has been watching magic performances on YouTube, and approached me a few months ago with his interest in Magic!! I was thrilled and it immediately rekindled my flame for doing Magic once again. Since the Fall of 2015, I've shared much Magic with my son and have done my best to teach and expose him to what Magic is all about in addition to being a performer. He is slowly learning and that's ok! I'm learning as well and discovering all sorts of new wonderful Magic. I'm a member of the I.B.M. & S.A.M organizations. I also collect beautiful artful decks of playing cards. I've grown my new found collection to over 140 decks since October of 2015 and look forward to creating an appropriate display soon. Thank you for visiting and reading my bio. Tommy
Smile
tommymcc84
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tommymcc84
Welcome Stu! I assume you live on the Channel Islands?! I can't believe there are no magic clubs there already (coming from a spoilt Londoner) but I'm sure there could be enough interest if you try. Good luck!

Tom
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Welcome Stu! Enjoy the Brotherhood! 😉
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » New member - Hi! (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL