The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Whatever happened to Mickey Silver? (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I think he waited too long and others have now released better versions of the retention pass....
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On May 16, 2023, iamslow wrote:
I think he waited too long and others have now released better versions of the retention pass....

or, he did not wish for some 12 year old on facebook to destroy his livelihood.

In my conversations with him years ago, he used many techniques besides/beyond a retention pass.
He does not rely on a single method for anything, instead allowing his 'automaticity' to select the best sleight/technique for the audience and setting of the moment.
How does one teach that to a "buy today, perform tomorrow" mentality who thinks watching a video equated to "learning magic."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
This thread just keeps paying dividends. I hope Mickey never releases anything, so we can keep enjoying this from year to year!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On May 16, 2023, funsway wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2023, iamslow wrote:

or, he did not wish for some 12 year old on facebook to destroy his livelihood.

Like I said, theres been many other better retention passes released to the public and I don't think any of those ever affected anyones livelihood... lol.... And just to be fair, Ive seen 12 yr olds that have better sleight of hand than a lot of the people in this forum including myself lol....

iamslow Smile
Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Ah, but the fact that folks think they can find the answer on FaceBook destroys the essential trust and mystery behind "awe&wonder."

It is never about the "better sleight" and never has been. Try "creating conditions under which magic can happen." I have yet to see a 12 year old on video do that.

When someone learns I am an experienced magician and says, "show me a trick" my livelihood is already destroyed.

I had several fine discussion with Mickey about such concepts. He can't teach what he does, so he does not try. (my spin - no one wants to actually learn.

I agree with you that most folks today think "trick" rather than "magic," and a 12 year old may be good at that. One reason I don't perform much any more.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
MICKEY WILL NEVER TEACH HIS suv LARRY THINKS HE HAS IT IN HIS BOOK .... SOORY LARRY HE TAUGHT U A VANISH, BUT NOT HIIS suv
MICKEY WILL NEVER TIP IT UNLESS YOUR NAME IS VINNY MARINI.

SORRY FOR THE CAP-S I CANT SEE LOL WHO EVER don't BELIVE MKE CONTACT MINCKEY IT HAS BEEN IN MY TRUST FOR OVER 20 YEARS

THE GODFATHER OF MAGIC VINNY MARINI
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Https://youtu.be/dQ4wTsm5vVs the crimp transposition only two coins used no extraras

in a book written by o good friend `funsway I did this routine some 15 or 20 years ago

vinny marini
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2023, vinsmagic wrote:

SORRY FOR THE CAP-S I CANT SEE LOL

THE GODFATHER OF MAGIC VINNY MARINI

Smile this LITERALLY made me "lol," VINNY....I HEAR YA!

THANKS FOR ALL YOU & THE OTHERS SHARE IN HERE!
(CAPS INTENTIONAL...LOL!

BRYN
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Whatever happened to Mickey Silver? (17 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL