The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Handsome, stable folding tables! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Here's the best source I've ever found for folding tables. They're beautifully made, not very expensive for what you get, have built-in carrying grips, employ solid good-looking hardware, and look handsome.

Here's the web site: http://spiderlegs.com/custom-tables/ Scroll down to see a grid with photos of various models, including several for magicians. Buzz Shabram (the owner) will work with you to customize any table for your own needs.

I bought the half-octagon table (fifth row, two center photos), because it will serve dual purposes. I can use it on stage (for props, predictions, etc.). Or, as I did the other night, use it to create a close-up station for mentalism (with a Subdivided Studios Pro Table and Box on top).

Buzz adjusted the height of the table (I'm tall), moved the carrying-grip holes to the back of the table (so only I see them), and was really helpful with everything. My table feels very stable, and it's easy to transport and carry when folded.

My table cost around $250 including shipping -- a great deal, in my opinion.

Obviously, I'm just a satisfied customer and have no link to Buzz or Spiderlegs Tables.

Cheers,
Jerry

My table (with box and pad on top):

Click here to view attached image.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Incredible find Jerry. Those tables are stunning. They even offer a Magician's Table.
Thanks for sharing this!!!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
I especially like the ones (like yours) where the top folds in half to form a completely enclosed case for the legs. Thanks for sharing.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
A pleasure -- glad you like the tables!
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Jerry and Wizard:

Is the "magician's table" the one Jerry chose and referred us to, or Wizard, were you referring to another table on that site? None of the 20 or more table had that name under it, at least that I saw while looking for it.

Thanks,

George
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hi George,
You are correct regarding the names, I just happened to click on a table that looked versatile and it happened to be titled "Magician's table with compartment." When you look at the grid of tables it is in the third row down, third from the left. It has two horizontal hand holes and a lid on top...dark wood.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Cool, if only I had the $$$. Not finding the magician's table but it doesn't matter since I couldn't buy it anyway.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Those are beautiful. I wonder how much the magicians table would cost
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
How much do they weigh?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
These tables are really clever. A customer of mine wanted a fancier version of their table so I ordered one of their basic birch plywood tables,
disassembled, re-created all of the parts in walnut, then made a new top with shop-cut book matched walnut veneer and inlay.
The Spiderleg company is great to deal with and they will do custom sizes.
Here's the link to the table
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qp51vxqnjneinm......jpg?dl=0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Handsome, stable folding tables! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL