The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » 10 card poker deal ? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I've played about with a few different versions of this classic effect over the years and having not done it for a while it's like ive found a brand new effect to play with.

Out of those that perform this effect do you prefer to end on a royal flush or are you happy with thing like 4 of a kind ?

In the past I've often used the 242 deal as taught in Joshua Jays Talk About Tricks dvds but I'm now thinking that from a none card players point of view a royal flush that a royal flush is the more obvious winning hand if that makes sense.
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of drmagico
I end with a royal flush...howard
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
As with most of the effects in "The Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier" by Bob Farmer, I prefer to end with the hand that "just beats" the spectators hand. Ie 3 of a kind over 2 pair or a full house over 3 of a kind. The cards used in most set ups for the routine do not even include the cards needed for a Royal Flush (or any straight or flush). Although I like the Royal Flush beating out a seemingly wrongly dealt hand (like the "Vernon Poker Deal"), I think the "Royal Flush ending" is a bit overused (in the way Ace tricks are "overused" if you know where I am coming from) Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I suppose it's really down to personal choice, I'm just trying to think what would be the better hand to a layman who doesn't really have any knowledge of poker the royal flush or the 4 aces.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
If I were performing for someone that had no knowledge of poker then I'd rethink the poker deal altogether and move on to something else.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Steven if its a one on one performance in would agree..I'm just talking about in general though Smile
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Understood. Smile

Another idea for those that don't know all of the poker rules is to do a Blackjack deal, which is also detailed in Farmer's "The Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier". Even people that don't know the rules can easily understand the basic premise of being the closest to 21 without going over. It's quite an impressive routine.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2016, Steven Keyl wrote:
Understood. Smile

Another idea for those that don't know all of the poker rules is to do a Blackjack deal, which is also detailed in Farmer's "The Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier". Even people that don't know the rules can easily understand the basic premise of being the closest to 21 without going over. It's quite an impressive routine.

Thanks Steven much appreciated I'll definitely look into that Smile
Hudson892
View Profile
Regular user
Sheffield, UK
103 Posts

Profile of Hudson892
Warren I actually perform the 242 deal with my own handling that allows for a royal/straight flush. If you're interested, shoot me a PM Smile
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Check out Aldo Colombini's routine. Simple, easy and pretty darn good. Pattrick
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Does any know where I can get a playing card with the rankings of poker hands on it?At one point, Many decks came with this extra card
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
I "google image" Poker hand and found one I could print - English on one side - Spanish on the other, and pasted it to a playing card template for printing
Harle
View Profile
New user
Longmont, CO
10 Posts

Profile of Harle
For a more general performance, I just go for a Royal Flush, it tends to be more immediately recognizable to laymen.

But if I'm putting together with a heavier focus on gambling (hustling, false deals, and the like), I prefer to just barely beat their hands. Fits the narrative smoother and opens up some really fun patter.
Fila
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Fila
Idea from a Colombini booklet !

You have a prediction on the table, the ten cards are shuffles !
You put them on the table in a line. And now you turn de prediction:
I will win with the 2-3-6-7-9 ! And you take your 5 cards
and show them after all that you still win everytime hehe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » 10 card poker deal ? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL