The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Need identification help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Well, I spent the last few days going through my closets and getting all my magic gear together for the first time in a decade...I also wanted to pull some easy stuff to give to, and teach, my 7 year old step-grandson...my problem is that I found several things with no documentation, and since it's been so long since I went through it all I can't remember what they were for...guess my CRS syndrome is catching up with me...

1. A deck labeled Super X Deck, with magic markings on a few of the cards, a few on faces and a few on backs...and of course, the only bit of directions I had was page 1, telling you the setup, but page 2 was missing...

2. A mini deck that sort of looks like a brainwave except all the backs are blue in stead of the usual red/blue combo...I may have made this but I can't remember what for...

Also a coin effect but I'll post that in the coins sub-forum...any help would be appreciated...thanks...Smile
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
[quote]On May 20, 2016, M. Tessler wrote:...

2. A mini deck that sort of looks like a brainwave except all the backs are blue in stead of the usual red/blue combo...I may have made this but I can't remember what for...

This is how the standard BoBo's presentation of the mini Brain Wave deck was supplied 'back in the day.

Julie
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Hmmm...I wonder if I saw that in Bobo's book...I'll have to check...
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On May 20, 2016, M. Tessler wrote:

Probably not. It was manufactured by Haines House of Cards in Ohio.

J
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Quote:
On May 20, 2016, Julie wrote:
Quote:
On May 20, 2016, M. Tessler wrote:

Probably not. It was manufactured by Haines House of Cards in Ohio.

J

Ahhhh...These were made by Hoyle...I did find one of Bobo's with instructions that just sold on eBay a few days ago, so I guess that's not what I have...
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
The Bobo routine is entitled MAKE BELIEVE with a very engaging story about the ghost of a midget magician.

For the record: Bobo's effort was based upon an idea by Frank Taylor and Greer Marechal which appeared in The Phoenix.

Julie
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Quote:
On May 31, 2016, Julie wrote:
a very engaging story about the ghost of a midget magician.
Julie

Thanks Julie, I almost spit coffee all over my keyboard....
mrvanish
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mrvanish
60 Years ago (as a kid) I purchased a card effect from Ron Haines of Haines House of Cards. It consisted of a blue deck and a red deck. Half of the red cards are roughed with the wrong color card (ace of spades is red) in front with a black ace of spades in the back. Half of each deck is like this. The other half of both decks have the correct card in front with a roughed correct card in the back. No directions and I even took it back to Haines House of Cards (still in existence) and after leaving it with them for 3 weeks they couldn't figure it out. Anyone have any knowledge of this? Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Need identification help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL