The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Automata3 by full 52 productions - Problem with the DVD (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

liormk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of liormk
Hi,
Has anyone received the automata 3 dvd yet?
I received it last week but the dvd seems defective, none of my 3 computers seemed to recognize it.

I was wondering if anyone else had that problem, and if anyone had any luck contacting full52?
I contacted them a couple of times the last few days (through email and the form on their website) and received no answer. very disappointing.

Lior
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I have the DVD & mine plays fine.

The material on this is fantastic & I cannot recommend this enough.

I have tried THE SECRET at my residency. Although it is not mega magical, it is a wonderfull interlude to try after the more visual stuff. It went over very well as I had expected.

Also tried A CAN & this got one heck of a reaction.Well done Dave & thanks for making people think I am great ha.

Gary's ESP-ONAGE fooled me for a couple of beats & then I realised that Michael Murray had fooled me with the same principle(method) a few years ago with a release he put out through MAGICBOX(completely different plot though) . If you have never seen Gary do this it WILL FOOL YOU.

There are 11 effects in all & to be honest even if there were just 5 effects you would get your monies worth as the material is so good. This series is fantastic.

Oh before I forget you also get 2 bonus effects which are brilliant & there is a PDF file on the disc to print off what you need.

Another thing - I PREDICT(& you don't have to be the fantastic Derren Brown to predict this) EVERYONE will be using Gary Jones's FRUIT LOOP. It is THAT GOOD.
I can imagine this is the type of effect that Wayne Dobson would have done when he was a regular on television.

Please GARY & DAVE, you MUST release a 4th volume.

PS. it would been good to get Mr Congreave back on volume 4 as well.

Mike Donoghue Pro. Magician. 10 out of 10 guys.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2016, liormk wrote:
Hi,
I received it last week but the dvd seems defective, none of my 3 computers seemed to recognize it.

I was wondering if anyone else had that problem, and if anyone had any luck contacting full52?
I contacted them a couple of times the last few days (through email and the form on their website) and received no answer. very disappointing.

Lior

Hi Lior, sorry to hear that, I'm nothing to do with the company itself but I do have a direct line to Dave. I will give him a shout for you as it would appear that you have a faulty disc.

Regards,
Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2016, mike donoghue wrote:
I have the DVD & mine plays fine.

The material on this is fantastic & I cannot recommend this enough.

I have tried THE SECRET at my residency. Although it is not mega magical, it is a wonderfull interlude to try after the more visual stuff. It went over very well as I had expected.

Also tried A CAN & this got one heck of a reaction.Well done Dave & thanks for making people think I am great ha.

Gary's ESP-ONAGE fooled me for a couple of beats & then I realised that Michael Murray had fooled me with the same principle(method) a few years ago with a release he put out through MAGICBOX(completely different plot though) . If you have never seen Gary do this it WILL FOOL YOU.

There are 11 effects in all & to be honest even if there were just 5 effects you would get your monies worth as the material is so good. This series is fantastic.

Oh before I forget you also get 2 bonus effects which are brilliant & there is a PDF file on the disc to print off what you need.

Another thing - I PREDICT(& you don't have to be the fantastic Derren Brown to predict this) EVERYONE will be using Gary Jones's FRUIT LOOP. It is THAT GOOD.
I can imagine this is the type of effect that Wayne Dobson would have done when he was a regular on television.

Please GARY & DAVE, you MUST release a 4th volume.

PS. it would been good to get Mr Congreave back on volume 4 as well.

Mike Donoghue Pro. Magician. 10 out of 10 guys.

Thank you for your review Mike, glad to hear that you are using a few of the routines on there!

I love Fruit Loop, they don't see that ending coming LOL!

Many thanks,

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
Hi,

Lior

Sorry about that Lior - it happens occasionally, unfortunately.

A new DVD is on its way to you now.

Best,

Dave.
liormk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of liormk
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2016, Dave Forrest wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

Lior

Sorry about that Lior - it happens occasionally, unfortunately.

A new DVD is on its way to you now.

Best,

Dave.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for replying.
Loved the first two DVDs, can't wait to watch the third Smile

Lior.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Hi Dave
will you be selling the cards for my favourite fruit.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Reviewed this on my blog today - couldn't see a thread for this one so posting here!
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, Olympic Adam wrote:
Reviewed this on my blog today - couldn't see a thread for this one so posting here!

that's abrilliant review mate I'm definitely going to buy it now
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Quote:

Don't forget to order the extra things to go with the dvd ( saves you hunting round for the bits and pieces and saves on you printing out stuff )
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
Quote:

thanks - hope you enjoy it. For the price compared to other items, even taking one thing away would make it worthwhile for me.

I ordered the 'business cards' and the ESP-ionage packs, both arrived today and look good. I had the supplies it mentioned but always good to have more. (i would say 40-60% of people would have what is required, not the most common thing but certainly used elsewhere - I have 2 other DVDs I can think of where it came supplied for example).
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
I agree with Mike donoghue above

ESPionage and Pockets Predicted Fooled me badly.

The Secret is also very clever and Puzzling and something different - I even came up with a couple of different presentations stories/ideas for this one based on a short con with Money
and the other based on Brexit and Scottish Independence !

Dobsons Diddle is also very nice and I think would play strong for Laypeople. I thought that this plays as a sort even stronger version of Free Will.

I mainly perform in parlor situations and Fruit Loop is going straight into my Parlor Set, this is exactly the sort of effect I could see TV Magicians using.

I also really like the Art related effect, a fantastic presentation premise for a principle I was already aware off. I will definitely use this and it is going into my regular set to replace my standard drawing duplication. This is close up but could be easily adapted to Parlour or even stage.

I have effects from Automata 1 and 2 in my close up and working set already (Metal Sheep Automata 1 and Aqua Ring Automata 2)

Cannot wait for Automata 4 bring it on !
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2016, Rob.m wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't forget to order the extra things to go with the dvd ( saves you hunting round for the bits and pieces and saves on you printing out stuff )

Cheers mate,it would be good if they did the whole package as one thing in stead of ordering
bits and pieces on there own
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2016, Rob.m wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers mate,it would be good if they did the whole package as one thing in stead of ordering
bits and pieces on there own

Hope that they are going to do the cards for the trick "favourite fruit" - have sent Dave a message but have not heard anything back.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Thank you for all the reviews and comments, and thank you for your support, very much appreciated....

Great blog Olympic Adam, and very honest reviews....Everyone interested in mentalism (and magic) should check out Adam's blog - http://olympicadam.blogspot.co.uk

Dobson's Diddle and Pockets Predicted are always in my JOL wallet ready to go!

As for supplying all the props, as I mentioned above, I'm nothing to do with that side of things but I would imagine it would be far too costly....Dave has included pdfs for some of the gimmicks so you can print off as many as you like, the other bits and bobs many will already have. As for the fruit cards you could just write the names on business cards, or, on blank card stock, although the ones I used on the DVD are very nice...

Once again, thank you.

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of philipsw
It is, as everyone has been saying, another cracking release. I love Fruit Loop and A Can in particular, but it is chock full of great material. I've done a full review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2016/10/10/automata-3-review/
(and if you read it before the end of the week you will also have a chance to win a free copy of the DVD!)
http://www.morethanmagic.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!
MentalMik
View Profile
Regular user
Ridgecrest, California
183 Posts

Profile of MentalMik
I like esp-ionage, just trying to get thin shim material to make it up.
From the mind of Mik.
Ridgecrest, California, by way of the UK.
Tregar
View Profile
New user
New York
12 Posts

Profile of Tregar
Í ordered a video(Trickery vol 1&2) but could not download it, and now the link expired. Sent emails but got no reply. I don't think I'll be doing business with full52 again.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
I don't know why people can't just pick up the phone

I have always found Dave very helpful
User101
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of User101
Can anyone help? I went back to this release after seeing one of the effects in a FAcebook live perfromance recentl and found the explanation for Fruit Loop is missing.I emailed via Full52 website and got no reply,reading old threads about Dave Forrest maybe I wont get one. Can anyoen help me out with method,I can prove ownership.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Automata3 by full 52 productions - Problem with the DVD (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL