The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Puppy doll appear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Homrocks
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Homrocks
Hi there, I have a general question about a trick I have seen a few times, it was a trick that I originally saw on YouTube. The performer was performing for little kids with cancer and he had them hold his invisible dog at the beginning, and after doing a few tricks he asked for it back and after putting a cloth over his hand, a puppy doll appeared! In general I am wondering how he made it appear, I have been doing magic for a while, but never figured out how to make large objects appear, thanks for any help!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Welcome to the magic Café!

You haven't introduced yourself at the "Our New Arrivals table". None of us know you or anything about you! AFTER you tell us a little about yourself (Age, experience, history, abilities, interests, ETC., you would be wise to visit the "New To Magic" table. (Just scroll down.)

You'll find plenty of encouragement, and positive advice here, but, permit me to give you the "FIRST RULE": NEVER (NOT EVER!) ASK ANY MAGICIAN HOW HE DOES HIS TRICK, OR ANY TRICK YOU MAY HAVE SEEN.

"Those who think that magic consists of doing tricks, are strangers to magic. Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." --S. H. SHARPE (The late Mr. Sharpe was not the world's greatest PERFORMER OF MAGIC, (here comes the "but": but, he thoroughly understood magic).

Now, I'll ask you a question. What books have you read? The BEST WAY to learn magic, is by reading good books written by good magicians. Learn the principles!!!

If you are seriously interested in learning to be a magician, check out the "TARBELL COURSE IN MAGIC". Dr. Tarbell wrote it in the middle 1920s. It was a correspondence course. Almost a hundred years later, IT'S STILL IN PRINT! There are 8 hardbound volumes (almost 10 inches on your book shelf!) You'll learn PRINCIPLES You'll learn basic tricks, and HOW TO PERFORM THEM. Doc's PRESENTATION STYLE, AND PATTER, is a bit dated, but the basic information is there! Tarbell is an INVESTMENT that will pay DIVIDENDS!

I've been a performing magician since 1945, and much of my act came from Tarbell. I was a full time professional for 50 years.

I suggest that you "browse" the various "tables", and, introduce yourself (Our New Arrivals).
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Puppy doll appear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL