The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Moving The Needle: "JJs Coin Coalition" (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Sorry for the confusion Karnak. Yes, I thought you were talking about the Ike coins.

Jim
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I believe the matching coin may be harder to produce than I /We (as in many others) think. I do however think he probably has the skill to come up with a dupe "Japanese" coin that will look close enough when handed out by itself.

Wether it ever does come to be or not, it is still an excellent set and I am very happy with it. I cannot wait to see "what" his next venture will be. Hopefully the word spreads about this set and with all these excellent reviews it makes a few more Christmas stockings.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
PD, he's working on that matching coin, and has some other relative stuff up his sleeve as well. Smile

In the meantime, for all you SOH guys here, here's what a fellow Café member came up with using this new coin set when he mixed this with that, and so on… Smile

https://vimeo.com/195035848
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
And again now...Slowly we turn, step by step, inch by inch…

The needle moves a little more…The "Morgan Option." Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, dj wrote:
Here is another routine of mine with JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition":
https://vimeo.com/199390648

Darko

This is just another wonderful presentation with John's NEW coins... Smile

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Nice handling......just a quick question though when the coins are being shown at the beginning it looks like the silver coin is showing heads on both sides when the coins are being turned over is this correct or is it just down to the lighting ?
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2017, warren wrote:
Nice handling......just a quick question though when the coins are being shown at the beginning it looks like the silver coin is showing heads on both sides when the coins are being turned over is this correct or is it just down to the lighting ?

I show the coin from both sides. This has to do with lighting, the lighting was not perfect.
Check out the video again.

Darko
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
As long as you can see heads one side and tails on the other then the illusion is perfect..... excellent I was hoping that it was just down to the lighting Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2017, JohnnyPD wrote:
Well, I got my JJs Coin Coalition set last evening and it kept me busy for pretty much the rest of that night. I am more than pleased. It is just as has been described and more. I've purchased gaff coins from Roy Kueppers, Tango, and Johnson. One of my magic mentors has a really nice set of Morgans that I think might be Lassens. I just know he paid upwards of $300-$500 for his set, which were real nice cause I got to work with them a few minutes. I have to say that of all the coin gaffs I've encountered (bought, worked with, or had presented to me) this is the VERY BEST gaff coin set that is available anywhere at any price.

This is the first time that I've ever bought ANY trick, gaff, gimmick, or magic device of any kind that was $50 or more and I honestly felt like I got my money's worth AND more!...

Thanks again Mb for sharing.

Yet another happy customer. Smile

Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I wonder if anyone in this thread has an interest in these coin sets selling? It really seems odd to me...
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2017, Magician Shaun wrote:
I wonder if anyone in this thread has an interest in these coin sets selling? It really seems odd to me...

Only the creator and maker - "John" has skin in the game. Others are just excited to see a "new creator" making an excellent set and want to see him do well so he will continue to create. "I" would even put myself in that pool. But more importantly, who cares if anyone else did have an interest in it selling? it certainly wouldn't change my mind on how great the product is.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Another really nice take with John's NEW set by Café member (and working pro), Sean Goodman aka simplymagicweb ... Smile

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc

What I like about these presentations is that even though the coins do a tremendous job as to the magic, you still have to use good SOH all in-between to make it happen. I like the fine use of both here in such a clever routine. Smile

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Thanks Marion - I'm so impressed with this set that I will be including it in my lecture across the UK (I have got John's approval of course). I use it professionally - it's a nice piece of eye-candy which is great as an opener at a table. As with all 3 fly routines, you need to check your angles but once you've sorted that, it kills!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hope you lectures are going well, and glad that you include John's coin set. Here is another unique take as to his Morgan version of the set. One of our Café members here softened & aged the coins to a beautiful look. The replica Morgans look like the real thing, and the Japanese coins hold a tremendously greater contrast...Just beautiful, but see here for yourself. Smile

Click here to view attached image.

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Yeah they look great. How did they age the Japanese coins? I have also softened my set but it would be nice to darken the Japanese sides. Good job
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Psst, psst...

...And just like that, a new version of JJ's Coin Coalition Replica Morgan...in Poker Chips...Just real clever craftsmanship, and pretty darn sweet! Smile

*Ask John to show them to you if you see him, or reach out to him at jjurney14@comcast.net but in the meantime they'll be available the first week in June, I hear. Tell'em Mb sent'cha. Smile

Click here to view attached image.

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
That looks great. Now I wish I would have waited as my Ike set is the only dollar size effect I do without using Morgan Dollars. The $1 poker chip idea is as good or better an idea as the $1 "Yen" as he called the first run. But, I just may save up and get this one "also". Even though the Ike is a little out of place in my coin collection, It has such beautiful patina now that I don't think I could part with it.

Side note, if you know. Will it be available in different colors and are the painted portions slightly indented? I will try to give him a call this week and find out but if you already know, let us all know. Thanks MB Smile

Smile Smile
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hiya PD,

You ask good questions, and yes the painted portions are "slightly indented" I believe...And John has been thinking of offering multiple colors in a fine routine he's already developed as to it. Smile So, it's certainly something to bring up with him. Smile

This is a really nice take on John's unique ideas as to these coins, and I continue to mention it here as the coins don't work themselves, and so SOH is a good part of it for all those that prefer legerdemain. Indeed, there's a good dose of it for these wonderful coins to do what they do, as per you. Smile

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mb thanks for sharing, john is a wonderful creator of magic .. I had never heard of this set until
now
vinny7
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes Godfather, John's work is quite exceptional, as this lasting string speaks to in a great way. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Moving The Needle: "JJs Coin Coalition" (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL