The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » DVD with good general close up material (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Eye Candy
Party Animal by Matthew J. Dowden
ATT Nicolas Einhorn
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2017, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Eye Candy
Party Animal by Matthew J. Dowden
ATT Nicolas Einhorn

You and I think alike Paul. Party Animal and Eye Candy are 2 of my favorites. Haven't seen ATT Einhorn lecture.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Another vote for Miracles While-U-Wait by Marc Jennest
And another very good DVD set is Pockets Full of Miracles by Diamond Jim Tyler
http://www.diamond-jim.com/product/pocke......les-dvd/
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
I like the mark leveridge table hopping dvd.its old but good solid advice and hase soms nice tricks on it.
Brehan
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
Johnny Thompson Commercial Classics... EXCELLENT set.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
A third for Johnny Thompson's L&L set.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Dan tong finally.....best stuff
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
I back Yellow Custards endorsement of Dayrl's 'Fooler Doolers'. It is particularly apt and poignant to do so today, but the endorsement is genuine and this set would help you. It did a lot for me when I got it several years ago.
mrsmiles
(UK)
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Dany Tong, Aldo Columbini and Danny Archer all have some fantastic DVDs.

It would be good for you to check out the contents of the DVDs being recommended and decide what material fits your taste. Then you might look into reviews of those products and go from there.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
DorianGrey hasn't posted in over 30 days, but since this got re-opened I'll throw in my 2 cents.

A discussion about close up seems incomplete without mentioning Bill Malone. I have many of Bill's DVDs and use several of the tricks in my close-up. I like to use humor in my performing and appreciate Bill's aggressive style. Bill isn't just cards either. He has a great sponge ball routine, a cups and balls routine, bill in lemon, Slydini silks, cc knives, etc.

Bill's material is entertaining and commercial. Not all the material is his own and he's very open about that; giving credit where due. He spent a lot of time studying Ed Marlo and other greats and adapted things to fit his comedic style. Plus, Bill himself is a great guy and very willing to talk and answer questions about his DVDs.

The DVD with The 21 Card Trick on it is worth the price just for that trick alone in my opinion; that handling kills.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Please do not take this as obnoxious as it is not. Bill spent time not only studying Marlo, but studied WITH him. An important note I wanted to make as it backs up your point.

And of course you can't leave out Bill is originally from Chicago so that automatically make his stuff worthwhile.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
No I don't find it obnoxious at all. He did study with Marlo and I should have phrased it that way. Thank you for mentioning that Danny.

At the risk of assuming, I think you're teasing me about Chicago because it's near and dear to your heart! But there is a good point to be made about Bill's close up in regards to Chicago. He came up in some clubs where you had to be good and if you weren't you would get chewed up and spit back out. That crowd helped lead to his aggressive-comedic style. It helped shape him and make him the great close up performer he is today.

And yes, Chicago is a great little city.
Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » DVD with good general close up material (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL