The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Daryl died at the Magic Castle (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
jdport
View Profile
New user
Crete, Greece
2 Posts

Profile of jdport
I still miss Daryl. I first met him when he was Daryl Martinez, working his way through college in the Bay Area in the mid 1970s. He was a regular performer in Earthquake McGoon's Magic Cellar in San Francisco. I still have his business card somewhere in storage, "Daryl Martinez, Glittering deceptions to amaze and amuse".
Dapperdan
View Profile
Regular user
Detroit Area Magicians & Mentalists (DAMM)
136 Posts

Profile of Dapperdan
A quick post to keep this tribute thread alive!...

This probably repeating a post earlier in this thread, but although I never met Daryl, I learned Ambitious Card, Cups and Balls, Ropes, and many other things from him!
Let me just add that in the download I have of Daryl's Rope Routine, he looks like he is just having the time of his life! I still chuckle every time I watch it! THAT is the Daryl that I will remember!
Tada!...

Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I first met Daryl when we were both working the Castle, in the early '70s. We enjoyed visiting when we weren't working. He was sooo talented for his age! It was a delightful week. Forty years later, we had a "reunion" at the Houdini Club wk'end convention in Appleton. I had been following him on his dvds. Those years between meetings had made him even more talented. I do miss him.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Never met Daryl in person, but have to say I have leaned SO MUCH from this talented man over the years. Sure is a sad loss to the world of magic that he is not here.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
I had the pleasure of meeting Daryl at his lecture in Tulsa nearly 18 years ago. He continues to be a huge influence to my magic.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Met the late Daryl once when he lecture in Hong Kong just less than a year before tragedy took place. The way I remember Daryl simply everytime I put a selected / signed card into the deck and the card came to the top. Then I know he will be smiling and looking from another dimension.

If David Blaine 'Street Magic' got me interest into close up magic, obviously the Late Daryl 'The Ambitious Card' got me start to learn close up magic a little more than 17 years ago.

The late Daryl will be sorely missed.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
sumedik
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of sumedik
RIP Daryl.
eddini
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of eddini
What sad and tragic news. R.I.P. to both Daryl and Bob.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2018, Steven Leung wrote:.
...The late Daryl will be sorely missed.

Very much so!

Doug
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
It's been almost 5 years now, and I still miss Daryl. Lynn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Daryl died at the Magic Castle (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL