The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dai Vernon's "One Helluva Card Trick" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Another update:

Found another one. (Keeping my 'toes' crossed!)

Stayed tuned
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
It may make sense to contact for consultation with Simon Lovell. But my bad English will not allow him to explain all the subtleties of the effect.
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Still waiting for a reply.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I really loved the classic performance. Thanx much. Looks like it borrows a bit from Al Baker's 'poker face'; but the idea of a magician (Dai Vernon no less) not being able to control things really knocked me out. It also reminded me a bit of Cardini!! Lynn
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

It's amazing but I found the method at Johnny Thompson Commercial Classics of Magic - Volume 3

THE BIDDLE TRICK
Johnny talks about this - but I can not understand which of the magicians he refers to because of my poor spoken English.
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

I'm sure the trick will go into your repertoire! Give him a new life, perhaps by modifying some of the nuances of the demonstration. SmileMagical mood to all the guys!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

I contacted Jamy Ian Swiss, he confirmed that the professor never published it. I thought it was in volume 3 - his commercial magic, but I was wrong. Where can we read about a similar technique? Please help find links to books.
On the eve of the release of the book.
http://www.magicana.com/buy/publications......lication
Smile
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2017, Eugene Chekhov wrote:
I'm happy to share. Smile
If someone knows where I can get to know the method - please let me know. It is possible in PM)

At 0:59 he mentions "Fingertip Control," and to me it sure looks like he's using "Sixth Method" from page 16 of Fingertip Control (1956) by Ed Marlo.

Andru
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
He mentioned Tamariz fingertip control? And then Scarne.
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Tamariz was born in 1942, so he was about 14 when the Marlo book came out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dai Vernon's "One Helluva Card Trick" (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL