The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Jimmy Grippo card in mouth. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Hi guys! Are there any live witnesses to this trick? Any stories? Thank you! Jimmy Grippo is a legend of card magic. But too little information. But I think some lucky enough to see his magic a live!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I saw Jimmy Grippo at the Desert Magic Seminar at the Aladdin in Las Vegas in 1980. Also saw Johnny Paul. There was a show in which a bunch of magi did a trick or two. I don't recall what Jimmy Grippo performed. A young Mike Ammar floated a bill. I do recall that.

That was my first magic convention. It was awesome.

Mike
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Thank you for your memories - it's a bit of magic in every house - who reads this topic! Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

I'm disappointed that there is so little information. Smile Friends from Las Vegas said that it was he who( Jimmy Grippo ) inspired Jeff Hobson - his routine. I asked Mr. Hobson and he generously confirmed that it was true.
I think that the first performer was Max Malini. Dai Vernon admire him.
As I know - Jimmy Grippo, He used a similar method.
Mr. Jeff Hobson - introduced a new technique. Made of this trick - a small show.
His cantorol of cards is a true diamond. I'm using exactly the same trick.
I developed my technique for this classic stunt, taking the best for today.
From the published materials.
http://www.conjuringarchive.com/show.php?search=mouth+card
Smile
I'm a fan of Max Malini magic - his mind, magic and nature - for several centuries ahead of his time.
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

CARD FROM MOUTH

Effect: This was a marvelous effec that Jimmy saved for special
audiences. He did this great effect on the Merv Griffin Show. He
would have the spectator select and write his name on the face of
a card. He would have the spectaor shuffle the deck. Jimmy would
place the deck inside of his mouth for a second. He would remove
the deck and suddenly on the tip of his lips and tongue would be
the selected card, folded into eight sections.

http://erdnase-mystery.blogspot.ru/2010/......and.html
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
580 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
Thank you Eugene, for bringing back memories of this old friend and his magic.

Best to you,

Tom Wolf
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnz71b4Si_Q&t=391s
Mago Smile
I love stories about the legends of magic. You can see it alive. Smile 0/44
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
Wow, that YouTube channel looks criminal! The guy who made it must be some type of genius

In Simon Lovell's version, after revealing the folded card in the mouth, he unfolds the card with his TONGUE - crazy

N Greater Magic there is the Scarne version, but you need to smoke. In any case, I never understood the "logical disconnect" from that version. Greater Magic is probably the greatest book on magic for omitting the important information from the effects.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Jimmy Grippo card in mouth. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL